China virus

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I haven't spoken to her yet.

There was a good debate on the telly this morning on the subject though and the SAGE scientists and professors have determined the Pfizer vacinne gives 85% protection after 7-10days, the second jab would increase that to 95% but is not time limit dependant as first thought.
Hancock stated a good reason for the delay between the jabs - "If you have two grandparents and two jabs would you give one grandparent both jabs or would you give one jab each, knowing that one jab is sufficient to give 85% protection?"

It's all about the logistics of getting the vaccine to as many people as possible in the shortest period of time.
Bearing in mind also that most vaccines out there for other diseases give approximately 70% protection apparently; it's a bit of a no-brainer really.

genesis

Canis Manducare Canis
Site Supporter
One of my fishing mates lost his son to Covid last night at the age of 28. This lad was ultra fit. Cycling, running, did three peaks 11 times. Non smoker and a weekend drinker. Felt unwell last Tuesday. Worse on Wednesday. Admitted hospital on Thursday. ICU on Saturday. It seems the new strain likes the younger ones and the average age of those in hospital is now 35.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
My Mrs had her jab this morning at Ashton Gate, one of the super hubs. She said it was really well organised, various people there St Johns, NHS, Navy, all really friendly and the process was smooth and efficient. Let’s hope this absolute bunch of bumbling clowns in government have got this right........ it’ll be the first thing they have!

genesis

Canis Manducare Canis
Site Supporter
My Mrs had her jab this morning at Ashton Gate, one of the super hubs. She said it was really well organised, various people there St Johns, NHS, Navy, all really friendly and the process was smooth and efficient. Let’s hope this absolute bunch of bumbling clowns in government have got this right........ it’ll be the first thing they have!
Some times I can't help laughing at the bile posted on this forum. If you have a gripe with the Government why not take it to the political forum where it belongs. Then I can answer you properly :(

rodring

Account Locked
I rarely post anymore for personal reasons but I feel this has to be said . Can those from all sides who use this thread and others related to it to score cheap political points please stop. Imo it demeans the deaths of tens of thousands and those they left behind grieving and mourning their passing never having the chance to say their last goodbyes

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Maybe someone needs to have a word with the 'Doctor' and explain to him that people tend to breathe not blow when they wear a mask.

Just another trying to get his 15minutes of internet fame

angel

Site Supporter
If you exhale without a mask the vape will extend faster and further than with a mask.
Plus it hangs in the air as it slows down.
The wearing of a mask will surround you in a cloud of your own vape but anyone at 2m distance should be able to sidestep you and your fog bank.

alsur

Site Supporter
Maybe someone needs to have a word with the 'Doctor' and explain to him that people tend to breathe not blow when they wear a mask.

Just another trying to get his 15minutes of internet fame
Don't know why people bother watching videos like that, I've seen other videos showing how effective they are and videos show how effective each type of mask is, they are recommended WHO and all Serous medical experts. Trouble is to many idiots believe believe them.

Here is a YouTube clip showing how effective they are but just like the comments on YouTube some idiot won't accept it.

Last edited:

crackatoa

Site Supporter
1564 daily deaths recorded today, the highest daily figure so far.
Hopefully, positive cases may have peaked though. But this takes a few weeks to make a difference in hospitals and on the death totals.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I can assure everyone that the vaccine is not a miracle cure for grumpiness - the missus had her jab this morning and came home from work in a right foul mood :(

She's blaming it on pressures at work but I'm sure a plastic doc on Youtube said it's a side effect of the jab

A shower, pj's and a decent meal inside her seems to have taken the edge off it though ;)