China virus

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
It was explained to me this way.
Have you walked down the road behind one of them vape smokers when a great bloody cloud of smoke comes out of their gob every few steps ? Well every particle of smoke has been in the lungs of said smoker and could be a particle of covid. And that poo stays hanging in the air for ages.

Stansthirdboy

Site Supporter
Our local Hospital / A&E unit is now saying that the masks bought in shops liek Boots are not adequate, because most people wear them too long.
They are now supplying medical grade surgical masks to people visiting the unit free of charge, and disposing of their old masks in a proper way.

I wondr if this is an NHS directive to protect people in hospitals, if it is, it's a bit late in the day

Stansthirdboy

Site Supporter
On another note, my brother has been admitted to Preston Hospital today, with dehydration caused by sickness and diahorrea, thankfully they are not allowing any visitors on the wards, not even family.
It's not a good time for anyone to be in hospital, and thats not intended as a slur to the staff, before anyone jumps down my throat.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
On another note, my brother has been admitted to Preston Hospital today, with dehydration caused by sickness and diahorrea, thankfully they are not allowing any visitors on the wards, not even family.
It's not a good time for anyone to be in hospital, and thats not intended as a slur to the staff, before anyone jumps down my throat.
Hope you brother gets well soon

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
I use my mask once and then it goes in the wash. I have 20 double layer masks and they are used in rotation, always carry 3 every time l go out.
I would like to see Boris make it law that everybody wears a mask or visor when they leave their homes and use the gel where available, go into 3 shops - use gel 3 times !

richard83

Site Supporter
The local hospital I work in is in dire straights. We are not alone. Up and down the country hospitals are struggling. A&E’s are overflowing, staff sickness is high, patients being hospitalised with Covid 19 are getting younger. Our Intensive Care Units (we usually only have one) are full of Middle Aged people suffering from Covid, some of which do not have any comorbidities. Recently we had a mother die leaving behind a husband and 5 children (Including new born), she gave birth at 8 months by c-section whilst intubated in a coma, she did not get to see her boy. She succumbed to Covid 19. Please follow the guidance (I do not think this pandemic has been handled remotely well by this government but we are where we are), things will get better and life will get back to normal at some stage. Masks help, social distancing helps, washing hands helps and so do lockdowns (in the spread of the virus) so please stay at home if you can, tie hook lengths, tie some rigs, wash your kit and watch YouTube videos. Let’s slow the spread and all be around to enjoy life for many more years.

Tristar

Site Supporter
The local hospital I work in is in dire straights. We are not alone. Up and down the country hospitals are struggling. A&E’s are overflowing, staff sickness is high, patients being hospitalised with Covid 19 are getting younger. Our Intensive Care Units (we usually only have one) are full of Middle Aged people suffering from Covid, some of which do not have any comorbidities. Recently we had a mother die leaving behind a husband and 5 children (Including new born), she gave birth at 8 months by c-section whilst intubated in a coma, she did not get to see her boy. She succumbed to Covid 19. Please follow the guidance (I do not think this pandemic has been handled remotely well by this government but we are where we are), things will get better and life will get back to normal at some stage. Masks help, social distancing helps, washing hands helps and so do lockdowns (in the spread of the virus) so please stay at home if you can, tie hook lengths, tie some rigs, wash your kit and watch YouTube videos. Let’s slow the spread and all be around to enjoy life for many more years.
Respect to you! I appreciate what you are doing in the Hospital and I think that most people do too.

Full respect too you.