China virus

spudnudd

Sainsbury's is set to order security guards to enforce mask laws and make sure people are not shopping in groups.

The supermarket giant announced the measure this evening in a bid to tackle rising Covid-19 cases across the UK.

The company said in a statement it had reduced the number of customers allowed into stores at any one time as it followed Morrisons in tightening the rules.

Simon Roberts, Chief Executive of Sainsbury’s, said: “I’ve spent a lot of time in our stores reviewing the latest situation over the last few days and on behalf of all my colleagues, I am asking our customers to help us keep everyone safe.
I said from the off with this about supermarkets i could not understand why they didn't start employing experienced licensed door staff there must be many out there with the night clubs etc. being closed .

Total

Site Supporter
There are some thick idiots about :(

@Blanks, the idea of the vaccine, like most other vaccines in the world of which you will already have received some of, is to prevent the effects of Covid19 on your body. It, like most vaccines in the world will not stop your exposure to the virus, nor will it stop you getting it, but it will give your body the tools it needs to protect itself should you get it.

I hope that makes it clearer for you to understand
^^ Do you ever get the feeling of loosing the will to live?:oops:;):D

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
all shops and enclosed public spaces! if you cant see the sky above your head you have to wear a mask! really shouldnt be this bloody hard to understand

[insert spuddnudd quote] lol

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I think Boris Johnson's comments about the 'scales of pangolins', however undiplomatic, are pretty much what I've thought so are quite welcome to me as well as being slightly amusing.

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
They don't know yet is it stops in spreading not really possibly to know that until enough people have been vaccinated but they are studying that. It does stop people catching or at a minimum having symptoms and apart from a few people who contracted virus before having vaccine or it took effect nobody has died or been admitted to hospital . I'll get a jab just on basis that although I might catch virus I will not have serious symptoms and stay alive.
exactly this - there are ethical limits on testing transmission, so there is a natural caution about saying anything definitive at this stage.

However - if it helps the immune system to reduce or eliminate symptoms - then it seems likely to a (semi) lay person like me that it will also reduce transmission. I'd put a tenner on it!

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reports recently say that the vaccine is less effective against the new variants of the virus than it is against the original one !

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Ok folks, so here is an important analogy you might like.

Think of the virus particles as infuriating bits of glitter. If you inhale the glitter or get it in you mouth you catch covid. Unlike traditional glitter this stuff can stay airborne for a little while.

If you catch covid glitter will shoot out of your mouth every time you cough.

If the glitter gets on a object (door knob, hands etc,) it can last a few days before it fades, if you touch those objects it will easily transfer to your hands.

You can help stop the spread of the glitter by:

1) don't touch stuff you don't have to, especially things that get touched by lots of people (door knobs, cash points etc.)
2) wash your hands/sanitise to get the glitter off regularly, especially when coming indoors / removing your mask
3) stay away from other people outdoors (social distancing etc.) - they maybe covered in glitter
4) wear a face mask to reduce the risk of inhaling glitter, also reduces the chance of hand to mouth transfer
5) wear a face mask to reduce the risk of coughing out glitter if you are infected (especially if you're asymptomatic)
6) isolate if infected by glitter - the stuff in your home will die off eventually as you recover. But sanitize every surface/object you can

If you get the vaccine you can still transfer glitter from one surface to another, but if you do inhale it the symptoms will be much reduced as will the likelihood of coughing it out in great quantities. The vaccine will also stop the glitter multiplying so rapily in your body.

The vaccine itself will not stop the glitter, but with good practice and enough people around we can ensure it no longer causes widescale illness and death.

It is possible we will never destroy all the glitter.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Ok folks, so here is an important analogy you might like.

Think of the virus particles as infuriating bits of glitter. If you inhale the glitter or get it in you mouth you catch covid. Unlike traditional glitter this stuff can stay airborne for a little while.

If you catch covid glitter will shoot out of your mouth every time you cough.

If the glitter gets on a object (door knob, hands etc,) it can last a few days before it fades, if you touch those objects it will easily transfer to your hands.

You can help stop the spread of the glitter by:

1) don't touch stuff you don't have to, especially things that get touched by lots of people (door knobs, cash points etc.)
2) wash your hands/sanitise to get the glitter off regularly, especially when coming indoors / removing your mask
3) stay away from other people outdoors (social distancing etc.) - they maybe covered in glitter
4) wear a face mask to reduce the risk of inhaling glitter, also reduces the chance of hand to mouth transfer
5) wear a face mask to reduce the risk of coughing out glitter if you are infected (especially if you're asymptomatic)
6) isolate if infected by glitter - the stuff in your home will die off eventually as you recover. But sanitize every surface/object you can

If you get the vaccine you can still transfer glitter from one surface to another, but if you do inhale it the symptoms will be much reduced as will the likelihood of coughing it out in great quantities. The vaccine will also stop the glitter multiplying so rapily in your body.

The vaccine itself will not stop the glitter, but with good practice and enough people around we can ensure it no longer causes widescale illness and death.

It is possible we will never destroy all the glitter.
Perhaps the glitter was why covid19 was more prevalent over Christmas time.

{we`re pretty sharp down in Kent}

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Just watching the latest coronavirus briefing, being chaired by Priti .

anyone else thinking she’d make a brilliant dominatrix?

no?

just me then (in a Rik Mayall Percy sneer) 👀
At least you would have somewhere to hang your coat:)

Reuben

Site Supporter
I said from the off with this about supermarkets i could not understand why they didn't start employing experienced licensed door staff there must be many out there with the night clubs etc. being closed .
Had an email from the CEO of Sainsbury’s saying pretty much no mask no entry unless you can prove you’re exempt. Had to nip in &, lo & behold, a couple of ’proper’ looking security lads - at least 20yrs younger than the usual gents. Let’s see if it makes a difference. Only noticed 1 person not wearing a mask.........

alsur

Site Supporter
Just watching the latest coronavirus briefing, being chaired by Priti .

anyone else thinking she’d make a brilliant dominatrix?

no?

just me then (in a Rik Mayall Percy sneer) 👀
Can you tell me what station was that on please ?