China virus

62tucker

Site Supporter
There is no doubt that there are more people out and about than in March - even in our very quiet country location there is much more traffic on the roads.

A work colleague in their early 50s died a couple of days ago from Covid. Terribly sad. The first person that I know directly who has passed away.
Will be as loads working this time that we’re furloughed last time.
Everyone I know who works in a factory are working this time around.

62tucker

Site Supporter
you cant make this s**t up! what a frigging great example to set, no wonder people are ignoring bloody rules! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think the government has done a great job to now but you have to be whiter than white when the focus is on you and you are supposed to be the leader that everyone follows

I been on a 10 mile ride. Can’t see anything wrong with it to be honest.
Being fit or fitter is best way to beat covid.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
really? its not the distance he rode its the travel distance to get there in the car! and the fact they wont deny nor confirm that he was driven tells you he was, he can cycle locally to home same as everyone else

Freesolo82

Site Supporter
Seven miles in nothing for cycling i average 15 miles (50 total) at furthest point and up to 30 on long rides. I am training 100% indoors right now but if you don't have that option then 7 miles is fine with me

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
again its not the distance cycled which is the issue, he could ride 100 miles for all i care as long as he cycled from home and not driven to a place far away to cycle, if that is confirmed, though why you would even put yourself in the limelight in that way is beyond belief, you have to be whiter than white if you are making rules and a example to others

crackatoa

Site Supporter
again its not the distance cycled which is the issue, he could ride 100 miles for all i care as long as he cycled from home and not driven to a place far away to cycle, if that is confirmed, though why you would even put yourself in the limelight in that way is beyond belief, you have to be whiter than white if you are making rules and a example to others
I also doubt if he would have been on his own. Security wouldn't have been far from his side. Would they be on bikes as well? Or would they be in vehicles? However, they would be classed as working. So if Boris had to be driven to a spot for the benefit of Security, would that be classed as working? The mystery rumbles on.
Much as I'm not a big fan of Boris, I don't think there is much of a story here. He's hardly gone full-on Dominic Cummings

62tucker

Site Supporter
Survey in France before Xmas.
Only 40% said they would get vaccine.
A lot of Hot Air I think. Sure it be higher than that when the time comes

Blanks

Site Supporter
But what would be the point if you can catch and pass on.
If I was going to be immune from the virus that would be different, sounds like they haven't finished making it properly yet.

alsur

Site Supporter
But what would be the point if you can catch and pass on.
If I was going to be immune from the virus that would be different, sounds like they haven't finished making it properly yet.
They don't know yet is it stops in spreading not really possibly to know that until enough people have been vaccinated but they are studying that. It does stop people catching or at a minimum having symptoms and apart from a few people who contracted virus before having vaccine or it took effect nobody has died or been admitted to hospital . I'll get a jab just on basis that although I might catch virus I will not have serious symptoms and stay alive.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
There are some thick idiots about :(

@Blanks, the idea of the vaccine, like most other vaccines in the world of which you will already have received some of, is to prevent the effects of Covid19 on your body. It, like most vaccines in the world will not stop your exposure to the virus, nor will it stop you getting it, but it will give your body the tools it needs to protect itself should you get it.

I hope that makes it clearer for you to understand

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
One for all the conspiracy theorist who spout that people have stopped dying from other illnesses now that we have covid - the ONS has just released figures that show we have now recorded the highest number of excess deaths since WW2

There were close to 697,000 deaths in the UK in 2020 - nearly 91,000 more than would be expected based on the average in the previous five years.

So there's your figures