China virus

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I hope she gets better quickly.

It's surprising how many people report similar yet themselves have had no signs of the lurgey.
My missus has been exposed to it twice that we know of, had numerous tests with her work, and yet not once had any symptoms or positive results.

violator

To be honest she said she's had worse colds, she had a bit of a cough but nothing major, bit lethargic but she's a gym bunny and has run marathons so fit enough to get past lethargy, worst bit has been headache, and she lost her sense of taste but it's gradually coming back

62tucker

Site Supporter
To be honest she said she's had worse colds, she had a bit of a cough but nothing major, bit lethargic but she's a gym bunny and has run marathons so fit enough to get past lethargy, worst bit has been headache, and she lost her sense of taste but it's gradually coming back
Daughter said the week long headache was the worst of her life

commieboy257

I was in Tesco the other day and a family of 5 walked in. no masks, no 'can't wear a mask because' lanyards. I asked a Tesco worker what the crack was regarding masks and he just said they can advise people to wear them but can't make them. what's the point?

John Step

Site Supporter
I was in Tesco the other day and a family of 5 walked in. no masks, no 'can't wear a mask because' lanyards. I asked a Tesco worker what the crack was regarding masks and he just said they can advise people to wear them but can't make them. what's the point?
I just wish shops would say NO MASK NO ENTRY F*CK OFF.

Reuben

Site Supporter
There’s only ever going to be hope when the people stop looking for someone else to blame for their own selfish decisions.
I was discharged on Thursday evening after a week in hospital with Covid - 3 days of that in Intensive Care. I reckon I’m fitter than most for my age. I’ve run marathons, trekked at over 6500mtrs within the last 4 years in Nepal etc etc but, apparently, it was touch & go on Saturday last week - I don’t remember. I’m thankful to be home but I’ve lost a stone that I didn’t need to lose & have blood clots on my lungs. Still waiting for results on a liver scan. I feel I’ve aged 10 years but getting stronger every day. The point I’m trying to make is that past fitness doesn’t seem to matter the virus attacks different parts of the body for different people.
I have a BUPA health check every year & nothing like this has ever shown up before.....Not after any sympathy, good wishes etc just trying to make a maybe obvious point - underlying illnesses don’t help but they are’t a necessity for this virus to f*** you up royally.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sorry to hear it Reuben and hope you take it steady as that's the best route to recovery

More people need to hear this side of the disease that the virus creates but even then there are still too many out there that think it's nothing - it is to some but it's like playing Russian Roulette, you never know if you will be the 10% who gets it badly.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Seen on one of this weeks hospital programmes about covid admission etc.
oldish bloke been in a long time and was getting fitter and able to go home.
He had to learn to walk again.
He even forgot how to read.
A proper insight to what really goes on in a hospital.
A good watch

Reuben

Site Supporter
Sorry to hear it Reuben and hope you take it steady as that's the best route to recovery

More people need to hear this side of the disease that the virus creates but even then there are still too many out there that think it's nothing - it is to some but it's like playing Russian Roulette, you never know if you will be the 10% who gets it badly.
I was probably one of them, mate. I’ve never been had flu or had anything other than a cold. Started coughing up blood last Thursday & the wife phoned NHS24 - straight into hospital. I’m not ashamed to say that in IC I was scared sh***ess & I’ve had a few dramas when serving. Slow & easy it is. Cheers

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The thing with this though is you think you've got it beat, push yourself too much, and it comes around and bites you on the arse - I've heard it from so many people now - the best way to beat it is steady away and plenty of rest (unlike what I did ;) )

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Glad you're back with us Reuben. Take it easy and wishing you a full recovery. :upthumb:

Keith Sparky

Just been watching Dr John Campbells latest update.....very interesting strong correlation between those who have had MMR jab and resistance to severe covid symptoms. It appears that the immune system in those who have most recently had MMR jabs ie younger people have resistance and that children under 1 can be at risk as first MMR jab in the UK is around 2....go look it up on you tube it makes fascinating watching....and explains why some African nations have some apparent immunity to the disease

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
There’s only ever going to be hope when the people stop looking for someone else to blame for their own selfish decisions.
I was discharged on Thursday evening after a week in hospital with Covid - 3 days of that in Intensive Care. I reckon I’m fitter than most for my age. I’ve run marathons, trekked at over 6500mtrs within the last 4 years in Nepal etc etc but, apparently, it was touch & go on Saturday last week - I don’t remember. I’m thankful to be home but I’ve lost a stone that I didn’t need to lose & have blood clots on my lungs. Still waiting for results on a liver scan. I feel I’ve aged 10 years but getting stronger every day. The point I’m trying to make is that past fitness doesn’t seem to matter the virus attacks different parts of the body for different people.
I have a BUPA health check every year & nothing like this has ever shown up before.....Not after any sympathy, good wishes etc just trying to make a maybe obvious point - underlying illnesses don’t help but they are’t a necessity for this virus to f*** you up royally.
Glad your on the mend Reuben