China virus

genesis

Just Living Leg End
Site Supporter
Dir Kier Starmer is self-isolating after a member of his family was tested positive for CV
He got the all clear this morning but still couldn't be bothered to turn up for the weekly PMs questions. Boris could have sent someone else but stood there and took the flak.

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
5,000,000 cases in India being reported. Wonder how many companies that moved there for cheap labour regret that decision now.

genesis

Just Living Leg End
Site Supporter
5,000,000 cases in India being reported. Wonder how many companies that moved there for cheap labour regret that decision now.
Hello my name is Ranprakeeeeeeesh but you can call me John. I am ringing up from BT about your gas supply cough, cough, cough, cou.................................

Pompous git

Site Supporter
It seems covid cases are rising but the number of deaths is low, I do not understand these things but does that mean covid is becoming
less virulent?

alsur

Site Supporter
It seems covid cases are rising but the number of deaths is low, I do not understand these things but does that mean covid is becoming
less virulent?
Despite all the noise we are testing a lot more people than in April and May so finding more people with mild symptoms, mind you deaths lag cases by about 3 weeks so have to see what it's like in a few weeks. The number of people in country with Covid is not as high as they were when figures were same in April.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
less virulent?

Don't forget the timescales involved - from contracting it to becoming a hospital case to death can take four weeks plus

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
Don't forget the timescales involved - from contracting it to becoming a hospital case to death can take four weeks plus
It might also mean that some of those contracting it are young and healthy and better able to fight it ! The problem is no one knows the effect it will have on them until they catch it ! And as we now know the long term effects can be devasting. All they publish is the number who have contracted it and the number who have died from it ! I have yet to see any figures for those who have survived but whose lives have been changed by it !

genesis

Just Living Leg End
Site Supporter
Looking like a local lockdown for the north east.
If it has to be done then so be it. They wouldn't need to do it if the people did as they were told. The problem is it only takes a few who please themselves and it causes grief for hundreds of thousands.

Chervil

Site Supporter
Popped into the local Co Op to pick something up on the way home yesterday, 4 teenagers 14-16 ish, no face masks, no social distancing between themselves, or other customers. College is back students are sitting on the grass chatting, without coverings, not social distancing. This is after they would have had a 90 minute lecture on Covid and the rules.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
My local has applied the rules to the letter since it reopened, tables spaced apart, table service, track and trace details, if there isn’t a spare table, you can’t come in, they have worked really hard at sticking to the rules, would be a real shame if some selfish people’s actions f***** it up for them. Although we have had low rates down here, so fingers crossed it stays that way.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If the mainstream media focused on the cause of the spread, ie those who don't give a toss about anyone other than themselves, and those that chose to ignore the advice given, instead of trying to find fault, blame and inconsistencies with those trying to contain the spread, perhaps the message might get across better.

Instead we are faced with a relentless barrage of 'news reporting' from most of the channels and papers complaining about how the government is trying to manage it (rightly or wrongly) and a plethora of home videos, Zoom reports, interviews, from individuals whose lives have been disrupted because they could not do something they once could. Whinging seems to be everywhere we look lately.

They've covered every topic of the situation so far, from PPE, Care Homes, Holidays, peoples lives been disrupted, schools returning, exam results, households being affected, pubs not being the same, it's been relentless - yet not once have I seen any reporting on the impact those that chose to ignore the advice and rules have on others, not once have I seen scathing reports of the many Asian weddings that have taken place with mass gatherings (some even using the 'eat out' scheme to subsidise the cost) , not once do you see the house parties, groups, families, school gate gatherings, etc, etc, that everyone knows is happening, but hey ho it's not their fault the virus can't be contained. It's got to the point now where I'm switching channels to the lesser ones rather than watch the relentless stream of blame gaming.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
its not all the publics fault

you have been told that the capacity to deal with the virus is far larger than it actually is, whilst it has become patently obvious that the entire system is becoming swamped

only last week, those who should know better were expounding the fact that testing for the virus will soon be able to reach the total of a million a day, and that the results of those tests would be far more definate and would reach those tested within 24 hours

that has become obvious that it is untrue, even on the best of days, the authorities can only cope with around a quarter of that at best, and that no matter what side of the line you stand on is a fact

no wonder the public have been led to believe that they can, if required go for a test for the most minor of sniffles

just this monday, I myself had a feeling that I was too warm as far as my body temprature should of been an had a bit of a headache coming on, this would of been enough for many of those that may think that a covid test was necessary, but I hung on awhile and those symptoms dissapered, I was just having an off day

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
There is an old saying, " What doesn't kill you makes you stronger " not so in this case !

nejohn

Site Supporter
Kathy's parents live in the Rhondda Valley and they are on local lock down from tonight, apparently one of the main causes of this is a local rugby club organised a bus trip to Doncaster races so a full bus headed into an area that was already at risk and then proceeded to stop at every available pub on the way there and back, just about the entire coach load caught the virus and then spread it around all of there families and friends. Several pubs, shops and cafes in the area have also been closed by the local authority for continually breaking social distancing rules.........some people just get what they deserve.
I fully agree with what has been said previously what is the point of sensible people taking notice of guide lines and rules when a very large group of selfish idiots choose to ignore them. For me it is time Boris took the kid gloves off and started naming and shaming the idiots and come down hard on them.....I'm sure a few well publicised big fines and closures would even make some of the idiots think twice