China virus

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It's amazing how the regular Facebook covid doubters are all posting about the 5,000+ lives lost 19 years ago today when the Twin Towers were bombed in the US, yet disregard the many thousands worldwide who died prematurely as a result of contracting CV as fake or part of a global conspiracy

62tucker

Site Supporter
Strange how the doctors and nurses don't get the same attention now they are still on the front line and attending to sick covid patients but rarely get a mention.:(
Daughter has often said she preferred looking after the ward in the height of the pandemic.
It’s back to normal now with drunks shouting and spitting at them. People of all ages with mental health issues. Overdoses. She is more stressed now than in last 5/6 months.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Stat.
Average age of a covid death patient. 82 years old.
It will be interesting when we get a proper survey of this terrible disease. What has been the major issues of people dying.
Age. Race. health and many more factors.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Shame they didn't name the ethnicity of a lot of the culprits in the lock down areas. The ones who live 10 - 30 in one house and totally ignore any request to distance especially at Friday prayers.
I wonder why ? Be interesting next week as new rules come in and seemingly they are going to be enforced

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Whatever happened to 'Name and Shame' ?

62tucker

Site Supporter
Had daughter on phone tonight after her 12&1/2 hr day shift saying it’s absolutely ridiculous in the hospital ATM. Record number of patients today. Why you may ask. ?
GPs. 🤯.
Instead of them seeing patients they just telling them on phone consultationS to just go up to A&E.
GPs still not seeing patients as normal but doctors and nurses in hospitals have to from day 1. That sort of stuff needs sorting ASAP.

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
You can go to the pub with no mask, supermarket with a mask, A&E with a mask but not the docs. Being type 2 diabetic I need an eye test yet I cant get blood tests as docs isn't open. 3 months tests needed to see what levels are. Chemist will happily do one for £10 per month

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I must say my doctors surgery has been okay recently but it took a swift kick up their jacksy to get them moving.

alsur

Site Supporter
Seems to be a big variation with doctors I've got a blood test booked and wife had one a couple of weeks ago also got flu jab booked.

genesis

Just Living Leg End
Site Supporter
Me and the wife had our flu jabs yesterday. I get a free one but the wife has to pay. Pre booked time slot and no problem. Usual joke from the nurse about "just a small prick"

Chervil

Site Supporter
Had daughter on phone tonight after her 12&1/2 hr day shift saying it’s absolutely ridiculous in the hospital ATM. Record number of patients today. Why you may ask. ?
GPs. 🤯.
Instead of them seeing patients they just telling them on phone consultationS to just go up to A&E.
GPs still not seeing patients as normal but doctors and nurses in hospitals have to from day 1. That sort of stuff needs sorting ASAP.
My wife had it this week, not feeling that good, which is unlike her, phoned GP and just got told to make her way to A+E. My dentist found a lump on my tongue in February, I had a phone consultation come through for the 22nd September, which has now been cancelled until the 13th October. I have no idea how a phone consultation works for a lump! Went to give blood a couple of weeks ago (I couldn't donate in the end, because I had the lump), the nurse was telling me she is receiving pyhsio over the phone.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
What happens behind closed doors 😉
Well, 'accidentally' posting it on MD might suggest a conscious or sub-conscious desire to no longer keep it behind closed doors...

Is there a closet door opening in your near future?

:)