China virus

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
"But Dr Chaand Nagpaul, council chairman of the British Medical Association, said it was unclear how the so-called Operation Moonshot would work - given the "huge problems" currently seen with lab capacity."

About typical of the BBC - report on something that at the moment no one knows the full ins and outs of

NB - Please take political posturing to the Politics section :)

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
dont matter whose in charge, we could have jesus himself with all the miracles,

those sorta numbers wont happen full stop

NB, the beeb just happened to be the site i was perusing at the time for the football news, i coulda put up anything fro the majority of the MSM, including Karen offa facebook, the news is much the same

Last edited:

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
The govt have to be seen to be doing summat... so they are... whether its possible or effective is a different matter... what matters to me is they are actually doing summat... which I know in my heart is right... personally I would have carried a full lockdown on as long as possible till there were no new daily cases then worried about getting the country back on its feet... but hey... I'm just a retired old gimmer with 20-20 hindsight... all the rabid posturing by others just says the same about em... its easy to be right with hindsight... so why not STFU and let em get on with what is a monumental task in keeping the people safe and the country from disaster

bluemack

Site Supporter
The govt have to be seen to be doing summat... so they are... whether its possible or effective is a different matter... what matters to me is they are actually doing summat... which I know in my heart is right... personally I would have carried a full lockdown on as long as possible till there were no new daily cases then worried about getting the country back on its feet... but hey... I'm just a retired old gimmer with 20-20 hindsight... all the rabid posturing by others just says the same about em... its easy to be right with hindsight... so why not STFU and let em get on with what is a monumental task in keeping the people safe and the country from disaster
With ya 100% per cent Arry. It appears to me that everyone is an expert on Corona virus and politics

Arry

Site Supporter
They've all been to Toothickfer University and the school of Ablokeinthepubsaid... boils my p!ss so it does... tickler is, I probably know a little bit more'n some, having worked in Major Pharma for 20 years... you pick up sh!t

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
Arry,

3 points:
1. What is “Gimmer” in your dialect, as I only know it as a yearling Ewe?
2. i’d rather the government was doing something to consolidate the good work that has been done so far, rather than announcing more stuff that probably won’t be possible
3. The government is unashamedly populist, so the best way to get them to change tack is to make some noise (if enough are of a like mind)

Arry

Site Supporter
An old gimmer is an old git. Nowt personal Arry
I know.... I have for many many years... being the oldest member of the shift I tended to pick up on it...
So.... NoCarpPlease... some of their testing policy is being accomplished... take up has been poor as has been said.. and they have to work on projected levels given a full take up... you and I both know that thats not gonna happen, but it seems to keep the idiots happy and christ, there's more'n a few of them in opposition, govt and populace... to be honest I'd be happy to shut pubs & clubs, and stop all gatherings (by the police if need be) but then who am I to make policy for the government... I'm on a 9k pension not £150k a year like our own prime minister

fishcatcher4

Site Supporter
Health minister blamed people with no symptoms for going for unnecessary tests!!

My Granddaughters fella had no symptoms but a few where he works were off sick so he booked one and guess what yes he had it.

How many people would he have infected if he had not gone for the test.

He self isolated and after a couple of days my granddaughter had it as well.

He sailed through it with no symptoms at all and she had a couple of days where she felt a bit off it.

Funnily enough the 2 small children they have never caught the virus.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Health minister blamed people with no symptoms for going for unnecessary tests!!

My Granddaughters fella had no symptoms but a few where he works were off sick so he booked one and guess what yes he had it.

How many people would he have infected if he had not gone for the test.

He self isolated and after a couple of days my granddaughter had it as well.

He sailed through it with no symptoms at all and she had a couple of days where she felt a bit off it.

Funnily enough the 2 small children they have never caught the virus.
Wonder how many of the 68 million in this country have had it with no symptoms at all.

alsur

Site Supporter
Last figures for antibody test estimates it to be around 6% which is about 4 million.

Blanks

Site Supporter
Operation Moonshot, got about as much chance of hitting the moon with a pouch full of maggots as getting that amount of testing done.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Gateshead hospital trust are going to restrict visitors from tomorrow
F3F422C4-CD78-416B-B655-76D39CF4E206.png

alsur

Site Supporter
Still visiting in some wards in my local hospital was visiting a couple of times last week.