China virus

62tucker

Site Supporter
Pretty much depends what you are doing, beaches, raves or parties ie, anything you are doing for pleasure is risky. Schools, trains and offices not risky.
I'm wondering if this virus is worse than they are letting on, would they really shut down the economy for three months for such insignificant death rates.
Obviously raves and parties are a No No but can’t see any harm on a walk on a beach in the open air with a sea breeze. In fact it do everyone a world of good if they can get on a beach and have a 3 to 5 mile walk. Dip your toes in the sea. Life will be better for it.
Schools trains offices where your breathing in used air 🤔. I know which places I will be avoiding

Blanks

Site Supporter
I have been working at a school today, some of the staff were in preparing. Some of the staff were not altogether happy about the situation , I could overhear talk of masks and visors.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Between the unions and the media I can see a mini rebellion of parents being whipped up into a right frenzy over their little darlings being forced by the nasty Boris to go back to school

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
I don't think the kids going back to school is the problem. The lack of safety measures for both pupils and teachers is the issue !

Blanks

Site Supporter
Schools are spending a lot of money getting ready for next week, hope it all goes well.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Going by the amount of kids mixing in the local park with parents in attendance, going to school will be safer.

emmaemma

Site Supporter
From a purely selfish point of view, I am glad my only grandson (8-3/4 years old) will once again be able to mix with kids his own age, which he has rarely managed to do during the lockdown and being an only child. Mainly talking to your parents or adults must be pretty awful when you could be having the craic with yer mates.....:spidey::spidey::spidey:..... I'm sure it's not doing his mental health any good.

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Don't mean to be heartless but this really is natural selection at its finest.

And how many people might he have spread it to as a taxi driver?
This is the problem with these thick, selfish people. If they were only endangering themselves then there wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately they're either too self-centred or too wrapped up in their weird, brainless conspiracy theories to give a damn about how their actions might affect other people.

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
Just had my partners lad to the shop. He is 12 and is down syndrome so doesnt need to wear a mask. We have said that as he doesnt have breathing issues we should try to get him to wear one. Sometimes he wears it fine other times he uncovers his nose. With the wind today he had his nose uncovered, some woman with a small child (7 or 8), commented that it wasnt doing him much good. She seemed quite shocked when told that he doesnt need to wear one but as he is downs then he doesnt do sudden change so would rather get him used to it, incase they become mandatory. She went off with her tail between her legs.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I pulled a bloke up last Thursday as I was coming out of a Sainsbury's Local and he was heading in. He wasn't wearing a mask, tried to hide a cough as he was walking towards the door I was coming out of, I just commented "Don't forget your mask pal !"
He replied with a mutter so I pointed out that he'd just been coughing so put one on.

Anyway he said he'd forgotten it, turned and walked off elsewhere - people like this just get on my tits and they are the ones that give the genuine people who can't wear one a bad image.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Don't mean to be heartless but this really is natural selection at its finest.

And how many people might he have spread it to as a taxi driver?
This is the problem with these thick, selfish people. If they were only endangering themselves then there wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately they're either too self-centred or too wrapped up in their weird, brainless conspiracy theories to give a damn about how their actions might affect other people.
The vital word in this story is "Pastor". As the couple are from Florida they're most likely to be Southern Baptists - some of the biggest believers and spreaders of conspiracy theories going.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just in - Social gatherings of more than 6 people to be banned in England from 14th September

The new legal limit will ban larger groups from meeting indoors or outdoors No10 says

It won't apply to schools, workplaces, CV secure weddings, funerals and organised team sports . To be enforced with £100 fines

Lets hope it doesn't impact on fishing again :eek:

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
It's not so much about deaths anymore, it's about the spread of it. If it's not spread you can't catch it. Youngsters may catch it and not feel much worse than a common cold but they can spread it to the more vulnerable.

fishcatcher4

Site Supporter
It's not so much about deaths anymore, it's about the spread of it. If it's not spread you can't catch it. Youngsters may catch it and not feel much worse than a common cold but they can spread it to the more vulnerable.

Absolutely bang on.(y)