China virus

Reuben

Site Supporter
She has been excellent. A true Statesman like performance with all things Covid related.
Far better than the dithering chancer we have as PM
Yep, I agree she puts on a good performance for the cameras. Pity that Nicola & the SNP can’t perform quite as well in running Scotland...

nejohn

Site Supporter
Govt comes out with a new way of counting the covid deaths

manages to get the total down by 12%

sorry bereaved familys if your loved one took longer than a month to die, it wasnt covid

best wishes boris johnson and dominic cummings

now get them kids back in school and your arses into work !
Yet on the other side of the coin my friends farther died recently, he was 87 and diagnosed with terminal bowel cancer, went into hospital for terminal care and caught pneumonia after about a week of this when he was almost in a coma he caught COVID19.....eventually after a few days he passed away......what was listed as cause of death on his death certificate.....yep COVID19

nejohn

Site Supporter
Yep, I agree she puts on a good performance for the cameras. Pity that Nicola & the SNP can’t perform quite as well in running Scotland...
If only she and the SNP put as much effort in to running Scotland as they do in attacking westminster and pushing for INDYREF2 then Scotland could probably be in a much healthier state

The Runner

Site Supporter
If only she and the SNP put as much effort in to running Scotland as they do in attacking westminster and pushing for INDYREF2 then Scotland could probably be in a much healthier state
Not far wrong there.
In my limited experiemce up here I would say that they seem to by and large make good constituency MPs but a bit of a shambles when it comes to actually governing.
To be fair the Scottish Tories after their last change of leader don't exactly inspire confidence either.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
France to be added to UK quarantine countries

People coming to the UK from France and the Netherlands will be forced to quarantine for 14 days from Saturday.

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said the measure - which also applies to people travelling from Monaco, Malta, Turks and Caicos, and Aruba, would kick in from 04:00 BST.

He added that this was necessary to keep coronavirus infections down.

spudnudd

Total gamble booking to go anywhere abroad this year and the warnings have been there for a while now a lot of of people are going to be disappointed.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
France to be added to UK quarantine countries

People coming to the UK from France and the Netherlands will be forced to quarantine for 14 days from Saturday.

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said the measure - which also applies to people travelling from Monaco, Malta, Turks and Caicos, and Aruba, would kick in from 04:00 BST.

He added that this was necessary to keep coronavirus infections down.

Pritti Patels great idea to lock the dinghy people up !

JayD

Has anyone seen how this will be apply to lorry drivers delivering perishable goods coming here via France, or French fishermen landing their catches in South coast ports?
and,
Will there be increased surveillance on the channel, to make sure that any illegals attempting to land here are either swiftly returned, or kept in quarantine for the full 14 days?
I haven't seen any mention of either on the various news channels.

John.

PS Mick posted above while I was typing, I said I was slow.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
From what I understand all illegals are tested when they land and quarantined for fourteen days anyway.
Lorry drivers carry an exemption as their travel is work-related

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
From what I understand all illegals are tested when they land and quarantined for fourteen days anyway.
Lorry drivers carry an exemption as their travel is work-related

upwards of 4000 vehicle movements a day

and new zealand have just reported that the small outbreak that has occurred there has been traced to imported goods

JohnLondon

Site Supporter
Yet on the other side of the coin my friends farther died recently, he was 87 and diagnosed with terminal bowel cancer, went into hospital for terminal care and caught pneumonia after about a week of this when he was almost in a coma he caught COVID19.....eventually after a few days he passed away......what was listed as cause of death on his death certificate.....yep COVID19
This has been happening across the board. A friend of mine works as a nurse in a hospice. Unfortunately, all of the patients that she looks after are all dying of whatever disease or terminal illness that they have & only have a have a few days/ weeks to live. They had an outbreak of COVID & any patient who tested positive, the cause of death was registered as COVID, & not the disease or terminal illness that they had.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
^^ I said that was her game months ago, both her and the Welsh Minister seemed intent on undermining the UK Government's decisions and broadcasts

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
she went over to calais, had a meet up with the mayor the french customs and the gendarmerie

agreed all sorts with them regarding the refugee problem then came back, and the next day she was slagging them off on telly and in the newspaper

hardly surprising they cant be arsed is it

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
the next big thing will be the amount of loot thats been spent on purchasing millions of doses of the proposed new covid immunisation drugs

none of which have been proved to work in any way yet, four or five different options have been ordered ????