Childrens Fishing Charity Robbed

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallbreamboy

Hi all,

Please see below a post that was posted on another fishing website yesterday. If any of you have any items of tackle you don't need, then please help this charity

A couple of nights ago, a small organisation called For Life Experience, which is based near Romsey, had their containers broken into. FLE help teach kids from under privalidged areas, with problems etc, how to fish. It helps keep the kids off the streets and hanging round outside shops.

Graham Maybe who runs the organisation, has done some amazing work over the last 3 years, and has helped many kids.

The containers were full of all the fishing kit that is used by FLE, it wasn't high value tackle, so the thieves will not really get anything for the loot they have stolen.

If any of you have an old float rod, or any bits of kit you won't use anymore, FLE could use your help, anything to help them get back up and running, as the summer is their busiest time of year, with the schools being shut. Any little thing will help, cr@ppy old landing nets, floats, hooks, every bit will be used by these kids.

For Life Experiences || Fishing, Archery, Laser Clay Shooting | Hampshire

This is what the guy who runs it posted:

Thanks Everyone From FLE
Dear Friends.

This is my first time onto the forum and i have to say i am amazed at the response i have had from all of you wanting to help. I would like to first thank Cooperman for all the work in getting this going, your a star!
To fill people in on a little more detail.
My name is Graham Mabey and i used to teach a number of outdoor pursuits but always wanted to engage youngsters through angling as i know how much value it added to both my childhood and adult life, i set up FLE just over three years ago and in that time have worked hard to build up a very good reputation in the angling tuition and personal development world. We do not just teach angling but theme all of our junior sessions around personal development and learning so that the skills that they learn on the bank can be transfered into everydy life, school, work etc. I have developed and tweek a lot of traditional problem solving tasks to revolve around angling and it really does work!
This winter we leased an old building next to Greenridge Farm Fisheries and have completely renovated it. It is know a dedicated outdoor centre and has a classroom, wheelchair toilets, pond area, aquatics room to teach people about fish breeding, rearing and to allow them to look after their own carp, Stock Ponds, Casting arena....... basically the whole shabang!
This was built through the help and support of volunteers, my family and friends over the winter and we launched the site with Chris Yates, Hugh Miles and Len Arbery in April. We are very lucky to have support from some of the top people in the industry and thanks has to go to Coops for supplying our bait for our coaching needs.
Unfortunatly on Monday we were broken into and completly cleaned out! Two shipping containers and our offices. All computers, blackberrys, over 65 rods and reels in rod sleeves, tackle bags with first aid kits, throw ropes, tackle boxes, games for the kids etc all gone. Three complete kits ranging from Whip fishing to advanced carp tackle.
http://www.cemexangling.co.uk/forums...lies/frown.gif
Just to give you an idea of a typical week for myself and my staff we travel all over the South Coast running our tutions and this week consisted of working with a dozen kids who are struggling at school or who don't attend, free evening sessions for over 60 kids teaching them the basics of angling and fish care, taking a group of ethnic ladies out to help them relax and learn a new hobby to help bond their families, a private carp tuition and we are then heading up to fish in the Semi Finals of the BCAC ourselves tomorrow and this is a quiet week. As you can see we do a huge amount but we need kit!

I dont want to beg but we could really do with some help to get us back up and coaching in the near future. I have just taken on a new coach who has gratuated form Sparsholt college and is passing on his enthusiasm and knowledge to the youngsters and breaking down the barriers to further education with youngsters who have never thought of college before. We need though to make money during the spring and summer to see us all through the winter.

Any Kit you have, floats, hooks, reels , bedchairs, bivvies, float rods , poles anything could be put to use.

HOW TO HELP

We have set up collection points at the following places.
Poingdestres Carp Cabin - Shirley Near Southampton.
Yately Angling Centre
Cooperman at Perfection Groundbaits
Fosters Of Birmingham
PLEASE MARK ALL KIT FAO FLE so that they put it to one side for our collection. Just drop it into the shops and they will store it for us.

If you don't live near those shops then our address is
FLE Angling and Outdoor Pursuits
Greenridge Farm Fisheries
Green Lane
Ampfield
Hants
SO51 9BN

I am sorry but we cant aford to pay the postage on all the kit to get it too us as we are pretty skint being a not-for-profit and dont have this is our budget.........

Just to finish please visit our site at For Life Experiences || Fishing, Archery, Laser Clay Shooting | Hampshire to find out more about us or e-mail me direct on graham@forlifeexp.com. Any links to our site from your sites or other blogs would be great as we really want to get out there and introduces not just hundreds but thousands to the sport we all love.

I am stunned at the support the whole angling communty has shown. Everyone is rallying behind us and helping us to keep introducing people to the sport or to help people catch more fish. Thanks for the help. Please e-mail but i will be away until Monday fishing the Semis of the BCAC at Barston with one of my coaches Tom...... Wish us luck and pop up for a cuppa if you are in the area.

Graham
Team FLE

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Tried to send a mail to Graham but my PC won't let me. Wanted to suggest he places a wanted ad with Freecycle. There should be a local group.

Steve_goral

Per Ardua Ad Astra
PM sent.

These people are scum, it's just a shame that even if they get caught they are unlikely to ever really pay for the damage they've done.

SteveH

Lindholme Refugee
While I will be doing my best to help in whatever limited way I can, was there no insurance, computers, blackberry's and lots of tackle there, insurance must be a pre-requisite.

smallbreamboy

I have no idea about insurance etc, this was posted on the form i am mainly on, and some of the gear people have donated so far is great.
Thanks

SteveH

Lindholme Refugee
Will be donating some stuff myself as it sounds like they do some great work, was just asking :)

Nick_D22

As soon as i get paid i'm going down to Yately angling and i'm going to either donate some money or buy these kids a piece of equipment they need.I cant do anything about the barbaric treatment of that Pike in Southport but i can jolly well do something about this.I pledge personally to make my own small stand against the yobbery and lawlessness creeping into our society.

Status
Not open for further replies.