Chicken wings

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Never eaten them, can't see the point myself. A gob full of greasy coating and they're gone by the look of them.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
They're part of the chicken that are neither use nor ornament, even when alive they can't use them to fly with, maybe that's the reason there's next to no meat to them.
However, someone somewhere came up with the idea of marinading or coating them and giving them a product name and so people buy them - money out of nothing, literally :)

corbyclubman

Totally agree
Waste of time the wings IMO
I’ve just had icelands TGI Friday chicken bits with the BBQ sauce thrown over them in the oven for last 5 mins, not too bad

emmaemma

Site Supporter
The wings are the first thing I eat when I take the chicken out of the oven. It's nice sweet meat...Then when I quarter the chicken, I eat the livers from the inside....... I love picking up the drumsticks to savagely nibble away at the meat. Best tasting parts of the chicken, especially when cold....:love:

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Maybe I am a tight Yorhshire man then. Money to faff around for a morsel of food and leave a handful of bones. Just doesn't seem worth it to me.
I agree with the drumstick by the way.

George Jones

Site Supporter
Salt and pepper wings from our local Chinese Takeaway are to die for.
Years ago one of the Pizza chains did an all you can eat buffet that included wings. My eldest trained him self to put whole ones in his mouth and pull out the bone.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
The rednecks of the north have them in a hot pot with mushy peas and smothered with strawberry jam
and marmalade.................yummy.:sick: not forgetting the yorkshire pud of course.:)
How do you know what I had for breakfast? :unsure:

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
And where are these goujons on a chicken , that seem to be on sale everywhere . ?

Godber

Fruity Susan, Nobice and Inventor of W@nkles.
Site Supporter
I feel the same about ribs. Like chicken wings, loads of bone and a couple of mouthfulls of meat. Tasty though.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
All you're eating with chicken wings is marinated and spiced skin. If you find a slither of meat it's a bonus. KFC have nailed it with their Hot Wings = spicy chicken skin

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Seen some pathetic Lamb Chops recently. Always remember them having more meat.