CHEVRON AND SILSTAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishing_mad

HAS ANYONE HEARD OF OR KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE CHEVRON SARACEN LEDGERING 8FT ROD AND THE SILSTAR CX30 REEL MY FRIEND LENT IT TO ME AND HE WANTS TO SWAP IT FOR SOMETHING AND I DONT KNOW WHAT ITS WORTH OR IF ITS ANY GOOD SO CAN SOME ONE HELP ME OUT[:)]

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Silstar no longer exist so spare parts may be hard if not impossible to come by. If memory serves me right chevron are fibre glass rods so will be at the cheap end of the market and may have come from argos. as to the swop wel only you can decide is what hes asking for valuable?

chill out go fishing

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Don't touch them. Although some Argos gear is quite good now, I didn't think they sold that brand of ledger rod. Too short at 8 feet anyway.

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Geoff I agree, Dave dont touch this, my guesstimate of the true value of the rod and reel would be a maximum of 20.00 for the two.

chill out go fishing

martin.

Account Locked
hi on car boots silstar rods & reels can normaly only fetch about 5 each tops ill dig out an oldish silstar catalog & find out what they were new.
its always worth having a look at boot sales if your after tackle
& on a shoestring
i very often pick bits up from them

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

martin.

Account Locked
even if it was twin ip it wouldnt be worth no more than 5

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

matt

If i remember rightly (i might be wrong!) when i started fishing as a kid, my mate bought a silstar cx30 as a starter reel which was aimed at the cheaper end of the market, so if you're thinking of swapping it for kit worth 150, IMHO DON'T DO IT! as said above, you're better off having a look at the car boots

HEY DUDE............
[img]https://www.maggotdrowning.com/smilies/afro.gif

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
both of those products were budget items of Silstar so take the advice and don't swop, your so called mate is trying to rip you off,
carry on being delighted and not disappointed,

teepee.

fishing_mad

thanx every one for your info its extremely helpful and now im going to have a little chat with my mate about ripping people off

Status
Not open for further replies.