chesterfield canal

Status
Not open for further replies.

long rod

tomo
fished the canal yesterday, had a great afternoons sport, 7 or 8lb
of roach on good old hemp and tares ! not a pellet or carp in sight !
fished on the big bend between rhodesia and shireoks, park your car one side of the road, walk across, sit down !
fished 6 mtrs down the track, just off bottom. steady trickle of bait for 30 mins, fished maggot on the hook, caught half a dozen small roach, didnt put any maggots in tho, first drop with a rip on the hook ( thats a tare !) 6oz roach, and caught steady for the next 2 1/2 hours,
more fun than saturday, 5 hours on reed at hallcroft, for over 16lb,
4 carp on the feeder, and half the anglers blanked !
whats that word i'm looking for ? begins with c ! ends in p!
saving grace was the brown envelope for 3rd !

baggerbailey

theres nothing more satisfying than putting a few fish in the net using what some people might call old fashioned baits.well done long rod sounds like you enjoyed yourself

tight lines

long rod

tomo
look for some colour in the water dave, even a stretch were its dropping out, and you'll have a good day, its fishing well around worksop, most of the grafton water has a tinge of colour, and on proper baits !

totality14

dave go onto the john shaws length turn off the a57 at the lock keepers pub come to the mini rround about and turn right down the track park up just past the bridge and walk down the canal towards worksop youll see a tree in the water on the far bank fish up to this with chop and caster youll bag dont be shy there are some big chub under there.alternativley go up past the lock keepers and fish peg 136 i think any way theres a tree with its roots in the water fish up to it solid.

Notts Breamer

Dave PD
Thanks lads, i usually fish John Shaws or the Lock Keeper stretch, a mate of mine wants to go to Shireoaks, any info on that stretch?

Notts Breamer

Dave PD
Chesterfield Canal will have to wait another week for me i'm afraid, i'm off to the Trent Friday. [:D]

daveyboy

Originally posted by baggerbailey

theres nothing more satisfying than putting a few fish in the net using what some people might call old fashioned baits.well done long rod sounds like you enjoyed yourself

tight lines
some people might call them old fashion baits, but as you well know you can can some cracking fish on them not just roach

methodgob

yoda
Does anyone of you fellas know.........I fished an intermediate national on here (came 3rd!) many moons ago.
I fished a stretch where there was a pub where the draw was,which was behind and below me.I fished in a wide bay with a sunken wall across it?Caught bream from across.

Don't know if this rings any bells?It's a bit vague I know!Anyone tell me where it is/was?

Notts Breamer

Dave PD
Originally posted by methodgob

Does anyone of you fellas know.........I fished an intermediate national on here (came 3rd!) many moons ago.
I fished a stretch where there was a pub where the draw was,which was behind and below me.I fished in a wide bay with a sunken wall across it?Caught bream from across.

Don't know if this rings any bells?It's a bit vague I know!Anyone tell me where it is/was?
Thats the Lock Keepers stretch mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.