Chesterfield Canal(Worksop)

Status
Not open for further replies.

endpegbib

Fished john shaws in a match a week ago last sunday it was absolutely shocking.match was won with 1lb 15oz and out of 22 anglers 15 did not weigh,i managed a runner up in section with 1/2oz
apparently the same happened in a match on the saturday, rummers are flying that the place as been netted because last year you needed 40lb to get in the money,lockeepers thats still fishing well.

Notts Breamer

Dave PD
Bloody hell thats bad, well i'm taking wasp grub tomorrow, and if i don't get 20lb+ then something's definately wrong, i'll let you know.

Last edited:

hempy

Alan
Sounds bad, let us know how you go on Breamer, i have a match on sunday up there....If you cant catch on the grub then you wont catch at all.

Notts Breamer

Dave PD
Originally posted by endpegbib

I may have a walk down dave what time are you there?
Err just got back [;)]

Well not a ideal day for fishing, very bright sunshine put all the Chub on the surface, and they weren't interested in the bait at all. i did manage to get 5 Chub to 3lb out, all on the grub. My mate fished choppy & Caster down the track, he had one decent Chub, and a dozen small Roach and Perch. There's no problem with Chub in the canal by the look of things, there were hundreds of them up and down the section all morning, but a local told me a lot of Carp have died in the last few weeks.

hempy

Alan
Could have used some of your grub Breamer....BLANKED there yesterday (peg 93), one chub won it, (peg 91)....disaster

Last edited:

Notts Breamer

Dave PD
Originally posted by hempy

Could have used some of your grub Breamer....BLANKED there yesterday (peg 93), one chub won it, (peg 91)....disaster
Thats bad news, but i'm going again on Thursday, armed to the hilt with grub. [:D]

Craigo

I dont think the chub have fed all year - I won a match with 7 tench a couple of months ago and hardly any chub were caught - Cant remember what peg I was on but the far bank was very dense in reeds and you couldn't ship your pole back because of the dense trees behind.

I got fed up of tackling up, I was loosing 3 fish to every one I landed and Im pretty sure they were all carp and tench.

Some of em were at the back of the reeds even as I struck - no chance even with the heavy gear on

smartmart16

sounds like you were about peg 98 or just before craig.i was the same with the carp on our match.i also had tench.good fun though.

Craigo

pretty sure it was in the 90's - you could hear the big carp crashing about at the other side of the reeds before the line went.

There is just no way you can get em out is there? - if you could move the pole back pretty sharpish you could prob land the tench but trees behind just wont allow it

if I put really heavy gear on I couldn't get bites but thought what the hell, if I hook one Im not gonna land it anyway no matter what gear I have on so I compromised and fished .18 to carry on getting bites - 0.18 still sounds heavy but the fish just know theyre safe on those pegs

I wondered about cupping in a tiny bomb tight across with some proper gear on and trying to haul em out with rod - no way to get em out on pole.

Notts Breamer

Dave PD
Been to the canal today [:(] really struggle, even with grub. I had just one Chub at about 2lb, and not a lot of bites, my mate had 4 Chub to 3lb all on choppy & caster, think i'll leave the canal until the colder weather now.
Oh but it was nice to see Ian(endpegbib) have a walk down and a chat today. [:)]

Last edited:

endpegbib

Never mind dave it was nice to meet you and your mate,catch you again sometime.

Billynomates

Looked over the bridge at John Shaws this morning few chub up against the reeds and a nice carp feeding off the top

Notts Breamer

Dave PD
Originally posted by smartmart16

hope it picks up a bit,we got our last match there in 3 weeks.
Might be OK for then Martin, i always think it fishes better Autumn/Winter/Spring

totality14

defo hope it picks up for the winter weve got a winter league running on there from lockkeepers though to garside street first match in october

endpegbib

We've got a match this sunday on lockeepers i'll let you know lads how we get on.

endpegbib

Well the match was won with 4lb 4oz second had 3lb 12oz third 3lb 4oz fourth 3lb 1oz myself in fifth with 2lb 14oz.
a couple of lads blanked but most of us caught 160s produced the better action with a few big club lost that would have made a difference to the weigh in,fished 135 think the winning peg was 168 using maggot,pleasure weights have been a lot better.

Notts Breamer

Dave PD
Originally posted by endpegbib

Well the match was won with 4lb 4oz second had 3lb 12oz third 3lb 4oz fourth 3lb 1oz myself in fifth with 2lb 14oz.
a couple of lads blanked but most of us caught 160s produced the better action with a few big club lost that would have made a difference to the weigh in,fished 135 think the winning peg was 168 using maggot,pleasure weights have been a lot better.
To think in May, 40&50lb bags were coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.