Cheshire Cheese AC

bigphil30uk

Hello there, anybody interested in joining a long established fishing club in Latchford, Warrington? We are the Cheshire Cheese AC based in the pub of the same name and have been going for just over 50 years. We like river fishing and are affiliated to Birmingham Anglers which gives access to miles of rivers like the Severn and Avon. We also have our own 35 seater coach that we use for most of our trips, one or two having restricted access and need cars.
Venues booked for this year include

River Severn, Ladyham
Greenwood Pool
Evesbatch Pool
River Avon, Pensham
River Avon, Fladbury
River Avon, Barton
River Trent, Hoveringham
River Severn, Ripple
River Mersey, Rixton

One or two more are envisaged.The River Mersey is our own stretch.
We have our monthly meetings from 8pm at the Cheshire Cheese, Knutsford Road, Latchford on the first Thursday of the month. If interested come on down and ask at the bar for Eric Seed

Last edited:

Pontius Pilate

mufc ok
I used to be a member but it went up to 30 quid so i joined warrington but id like to fish thay mersey stretch again how much is it now?arnt salford angling part owners of that stretch to?

bigphil30uk

Associate membership to fish the Mersey is still 30.
Salford Anglers are not part owners it is entirely Cheshire Cheese.

bigphil30uk

We are still open to Membership and Post No 1 is still relevant.

This Season (2014) venues remaining are

R Avon, Barton
R Severn, Hampton Loade
R Avon, Fladbury
R Avon, Pensham
R Mersey, Rixton
R Avon, Salford Priors
Evesbatch Old Lake
R Mersey, Rixton
R Trent, Hoveringham

The only change in regards to enquiries is to ask for any club member as Eric Seed has had to "retire" due to ill health.

Tight Lines for this new river season.

bigphil30uk

I fished on opening day and had one skimmer on the feeder and 7 roach on the float. Plenty fish topping all along the stretch. Will find out tomorrow if any other members have been on.

paul14

Originally posted by Pontius Pilate

Hows the mersey at rixton fishing ?
can anyone tell me where the mersey is in rixton.is that the length where the bank caved in about 18 months ago.if that was mersey ???

paul14

Originally posted by Pontius Pilate

Have you fished it
had a walk down the length when i was in albert last year.
a couple of guys trotting with a stick float and 12mtrs of pole very deep not my cup of tea.
it looks like your fishing the ship canal the only plus is its got decent parking.

bigphil30uk

Just to let people know the Cheshire Cheese AC is still going. We have had a traumatic couple of years where our longstanding Chairman, Eric Seed, and Secretary, Peter Hinley, both sadly passed away. Add to this we have had to retire our club coach for various reasons which means we now don't get out to far flung river venues anymore. Because of this we have stopped our BAA affiliation and now concentrate on more local venues.
On the plus side we still have the River Mersey at Rixton with 20 armchair pegs and safe parking by the river.
The Club is open for membership at 35 for the year.
Please contact Howard "H" Jones on 07748137601 for details (If you get no answer please text him a message so he can get back to you). We have our monthly meetings at the Cheshire Cheese pub on the first Thursday of the month, 20.00 Hrs.

Currently we run a series of matches on local still/river venues such as Greenwood Pool and the River Weaver along with our Mersey stretch.

bigphil30uk

Just to bump the post.
Our membership runs from Jan 1st for 2017 so if interested all the contact details from 2016 posts are still relevant. There is a contact page on the website too.
We have a virtually complete match calendar for 2017 which I hope to publish early Jan.
I wish everyone a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year, and "Tight Lines" for 2017

bigphil30uk

Just for info. If anyone had heard that the Cheshire Cheese Pub had closed then sadly the news was true. On a more positive note it has reopened and is now being run by Terry and Angie Stanton who are locals and know the clientele well.
The CCAC is still based at the pub.
For a list of 2017 venues please visit our website thru' link earlier in comments. Reached thru January Archive on Blog Pages.

Last edited: