Chelsea.

DFL

Site Supporter
I wasn't super impressed with the last opening lineup, different story today, the big guns are playing with some new blood as well. After just twenty minutes Lewis Hall looks impressive.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Without wishing to sound condescending or blasé, this was very much the expected result and good minutes all round for those that needed them.
A real plus was an excellent debut from Academy player Lewis Hall who slotted in quite comfortably.

Next up the 2nd leg of the Carabao semi at Spurs on Wednesday night and hopefully a place in The Final at the end of it.

KTBFFH

DFL

Site Supporter
If I observed correctly, Chelsea fielded three different captains through the 90 minutes yesterday due to various subs, I wonder what the record is?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Home to Plymouth Argyle in the FA Cup 4th round draw. :upthumb:

DFL

Site Supporter
Like most fans, I'm looking for the lineup as soon as it is published, I go to the subs first, tonight it's looking almost full strength.

No excuses to allow Spurs a trip to Wembley.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
3-0 on aggregate and back at Wembley on Sunday 27th February. :upthumb:
Next up a massive Premiership away game at Manchester City on Saturday lunchtime.

KTBFFH.⚽⚽⚽

DFL

Site Supporter
A walk in the park tonight, their most dangerous player was Marriner trying to give fake penalties.

I've not been his greatest fan but I was impressed with CHO tonight, a very mature performance.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've been pleased with Sarr, he's stepped up to the plate pretty well IMO ;)
Good to see Silva and Kante have a gentle run out for a few minutes prior to Saturday.:upthumb:

DFL

Site Supporter
I was hoping that TT would start with Kante and Kovacic with a more dynamic midfield, and he has. If Pulisic and Ziyech have a big game we can do it but it's a tall order.

C'mon you blooos!

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Beaten by the better team today and in all honesty 1-0 didn't do City justice.
Pulisic anonymous and Ziyech no better,
Overall just not enough ambition shown in what was a must win match. :mad:

City's league to throw away now and that's simply not going to happen.

KTBFFH.

DFL

Site Supporter
"Pulisic anonymous and Ziyech no better".

I said they were key to a good performance and they didn't disappoint with their lack of imagination and decision making. I can only assume Mount wasn't fit, coming on in the final ten minutes.

City we're far from their best and there for the taking, we frustrated them for long periods and only mistakes gave them chances until a the super goal predictably arrived.

H T B

Site Supporter
On the subject of postponements, the commentators pissed me off with their comments about how Man City have just got on with it, and should be applauded.

Their 2nd string is a top 6 side, of course they’re gonna carry on

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Teamsheet for tonight.

Kepa, Azpilicueta (c), Thiago Silva, Rudiger, Hudson-Odoi, Kante, Jorginho, Alonso, Mount, Lukaku, Ziyech.

Subs: Bettinelli, Hall, Sarr, Kovacic, Loftus-Cheek, Saul, Havertz, Pulisic, Werner.

DFL

Site Supporter
We lead at half time but what a poor display. WTF was that non celebration all about? not just Ziyech, the entire team!

mike fox

'Just Me and the Fish'
Site Supporter
So it would appear I've just returned from a more entertaining game. Stockport County 3 Eastleigh 0.