Chefs call !

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Beef brisket (point cut)

Ive got one in the oven, pot roasting in a big old pyrex casserole dish, weighs (before cooking) better part of two kilos

browned it in the skillet first along with 3 mid sized onions and then bunged it in a pre heated oven

got it on gas mark 4

how long will it take to cook so it falls apart and is tender as a wenches buttock ?

(last one I done, I just plain roasted it for 3 hours on gas mark 6, in a tray covered with tin foil and it came out tough)

dont want to bugger this one up

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Hello Mick, just done some sausage rolls. Got the sausage meat from the posh butchers in Bethersden.

Didn`t even know the butchers was there, one of those villages close by but in over forty years of living in Ashford never driven
through said village centre. Bit pricey mind but not over the top.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Slow for two kilos - checked with the boss and she reckons easily 5 to 6 hours mate checking as you go along.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hello Mick, just done some sausage rolls. Got the sausage meat from the posh butchers in Bethersden.

Didn`t even know the butchers was there, one of those villages close by but in over forty years of living in Ashford never driven
nip a bit further afield to Rolvenden and you can get Korkers !!!!

jods

Site Supporter

TonyA

Site Supporter

The Three Chimneys is a nice pub (when open)

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
now that wasa bit of tender very nice flavoured beef, not bad at all for a cheap cut, pot roasted it for 6 hours

it was so tender that even after resting for 20 mins I couldnt cut it, it just shredded

satisfied with my efforts and proper stuffed

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
^^ If relating to Mick....Ya got more chance of winning a nugget!;):D
oh Im gonna be piccy mad when I finally get some heavy duty batteries for the camera,

shops been shut all the lockdown and the ones Ive ordered are in there

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
No, blades of grass, non descript reeds waggling in the wind, spot the black dog, wheres willytype stuff, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,