CheesePaste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
Doe any of you ,
use cheespaste if you do can you tell me the advantages ive got the recipe to me red cheesepaste have any of you used it and caught ought
thanks
regards
GF

g.sutcliffe

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Cheese paste is great for chub either dyed or undyed, the older and smellier the better.I normally use it when the rivers up and coloured.

chill out go fishing

phil

just to add, and probably unecessary, but a simple cheese paste recipe I've used, which stays on the hook reasonably well, is 200g plain flour, 100g of lard and 100g of blue stilton cheese which you've left in the warmth for a week,keep it in an airtight container, it's runny when you take it out so no need to add water.

rub the flour and fat together in a bowl using your finger tips (as if making pastry) once it looks like crumbled breadcrumbs, add the cheese (or put it all in a food processor if you have one and the wife/mother doesn't mind) mix it until it forms a stiff paste, add more flour if it's sloppy.

Roll into a ball, wrap in clingfilm and freeze it until you go fishing, unfreeze the night before you go fishing, and if you have some left at the end of the trip, freeze it again......the house will stink, but as Esox said, the smellier the better.

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
Thanks i made some cheesepaste after school.
i bought some allready made just add water ,insted of water and i used the dye stuff (supercook), danish blue cheese (stinks) and cheedar dyed they went red,and it worked out fine i only have one problem.
How do you hook it when i go for chub on the river i use size 16 lob worms will i have to use a bigger hook and how much should you put on the hook (cheesepaste)
regards
GF

g.sutcliffe

jel

HI GF .
IVE USED CHEESE PASTE QUITE A FAIR BIT,NEVER HAD MUCH LUCK ONLY A
CHUB ABOUT 2LB ! ITS A GREAT BAIT,AND JUST BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE
ANY LUCK ONE DAY, IT DONT MEAN YOU WONT THE NEXT.SO GIVE IT A GO !
LET US KNOW HOW YOU GET ON ?
CHEERS JEL icon_smile_wink.gif

j white

jel

GF

ID SAY USE A SIZE 8 HOOK (RAPTOR G4 )BREAK OFF A PIECE AND FOLD IT
AROUND THE SHANK, MOULD IT INTO A PEAR SHAPE.LEAVE THE TIP OF THE
SHOWING! AS FOR SIZE ABOUT THE SIZE OF YOUR THUMB NAIL IF YOU DON'T BITE THEM THAT IS. HOPE THIS HELPS.

JEL

j white

Status
Not open for further replies.