cheeky animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

crusty

I've fished a few times and had robins and sparrows stand on my bait box taking maggots.
Had loads of trouble with ducks and geese on and off water.
Had birds, dragonflys, butterflys, and spiders on my rods.

But today a new first. A squirrel came up on me and sat at my side for nearly an hour eating from a tub of my maize.
It looked at me as if to say "you don't mind do you?"
I said "no, carry on marra"
I could have reached out and touched it, it was so close.
Every so often it would turn and charge off after another squirrel that was anywhere in sight, but it stayed put even when I got up struck, played and landed a double figure carp!
I un-hooked the fish and looked round to see the squirrel sat beside my chair stood up on its back legs as if peering into the net.

I sat back down and it looked at me and I looked at it, and it didn't speak, but... I said "cheers."

crusty

pittpony

I was fishing the Angling times/Nash Masters final at Orchid Lakes a few weeks ago. The tench were loving my bait but the carp were not, so i started feeding a pretty looking bird (not sure what it was). After about 30 minutes i realised i was actually feeding about 8 of them! How the word spreads i their circles...

Keep catching, and if you're not - make sure you're enjoying it!

Apache

I had a cow feed out of my fishing holdall once, when i was fishing at a farm lake at a place called Cheriton farm. I was watching a big Common known as "The Train" intently, heard a rustling behind me and turned round to see a calf and mother feeding on the bait in mu holdall. When i got up to scare them off, and yelled at them, they just looked at me blankly as if to say "And up yours too!"

Tight Lines,
Matt
headbang.gif beer-toast1.gif firedevil.gif DJ.gif alcoholic2.gif ladiesman.gif band.gif demonbat.gif
DataFile.asp

Heathlands Angling Club - http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.com

Status
Not open for further replies.