CHEATING OR JEALOUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

clayton

I've just joined my first club (club matches) and on the first match I fished, I drawed the golden peg !!!!!!!!
I weighed in 11lb 8oz (1st)
2nd placed 11lb 4oz
when all nets had been weighed it appeared I'd won but on the reading of the scoresheet (2nd placed mans wife was writing in the weights) it appeared that I'd finished 2nd and he'd finished first as he's weight was, for some strange (and cheating) reason, 11lb 12oz !!!!!!!!
Does it strike any one that half a pound was added to his weight!
On the day in question, I lost out on approx 50-60 prize cash..

Was she a little jealous OR does he ALWAYS weigh in 1/2lb heavier????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Would you keep going and ask for someone neutral for weights and records (because it was my first outing with the club I kept my head and shrugged it off - otherwise they would of both been in the pool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
or would you just not attend again

I KNOW HIS WEIGHT WAS 11LB 4OZ AS I WEIGHED HIM IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by - peter on 19 July 2002 12:02:36 AM

norm

it may just be me mate

but i would have knocked both there heads off the cheeeeeting bast***s

norm

clayton

i have just read your post again

and i can not belive you did not say anything

especialy as you weighed him in

i would bring it up again and get your monney back

it is yours not his

ask trev (ziptrev)mistakes can be rectified later

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Bang out of order!!
I certainly wouldn't go back........Would have raised hell at the time,especialy if i'd been the scalesman.In fact i'd still raise it with the committee.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
G'morning Clayton and welcome onboard icon_smile.gif

I'd be inclined to put my complaint in writing to the Club Committee requesting a response.
When it/if it comes, more than likely after the next meeting, take it from there. If they deny it happened and you insist it did ask for you money back including subs, etc, and find a new club
If you get a result then take it from there.

Disputes like this are always hard to proove especially as you are the new member as there is always the likelyhood it will be a 'Your word vs theirs' scenario unless you have any witnesses who would be prepared to back you up.

Good luck,

Dave

jonesr

Surely there were others at the scales to watch the weigh in. Check around,you may find somebody who saw what went on.
I have fished Club matches for about 45 Years,and have only come across genuine errors.BUT these were spotted by others watching the weigh-in.A few words around and if you find that it has happened before,then complain and you may have back-up.
Ther's always some who follow the scales around.
If not,and you are sure in your own mind it was cheating,MOVE ON! Cut your losses.The club does not seem worth the Fees they charge.
There are decent Clubs around,who do have real anglers as members.
Ron J.

P.S. Also WELCOME TO A GENUINE SOCIETY.

Edited by - jonesr on 19 July 2002 06:39:43 AM

MALC

Must admit i have always followed the scales and also always check the sheet as well (it's not that i dont trust anyone but i've seen mistakes made in the past).

Personally in your situation i would have kicked off big style at the time especialy as you weighed him in.

As Dave as said your only course of action now is to raise it with the committee but i don't hold out much hope for you.
But even if you do get what is due i would still then ask for all monies payed to be refunded and stuff the club and find another.

I would also publish the clubs name all over the internet and send details of the incident and names to all the Angling Press,
(but thats just me).

Most clubs and anglers are totaly honest regards the scales but as in all walks of life the odd one is not (sounds like yours is not).

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Status
Not open for further replies.