Cheap stalking rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoFinPhish

Mighty Cat Slayer
Hiya

Fancy trying out a bit of stalking but don't want to shell out for a 'name' rod at this point. Would be great to keep a rod and stalking bucket in the car to cope with those 'urges'

Askari have got a few rods that might fit the bill:
Balzer Warrior Tm-6 Tele 60, 9 foot for 22
Balzer Wildcat Tele 140 10 foot for 15
Cormoran Blue Star Tele 150 9-foot for 34

Anyone bought one of these? or can you suggest alternatives around the same price?

Br
Jason

Lid

Personally I avoid telescopics as they seem to have a poor action and break easily. Then again, maybe I haven't tried the good ones, lol.

Instead I use a Shakespeare 4 piece 9' Expedition spin, which is around 52 including a protective tube. Swap the tip ring for a threaded one and you have a very versatile and transportable rod.

I've also got an 4 piece 11' Silver Creek 10 - 60 gms spinning rod when that extra length comes in handy!! This is about 60, but no tube. Silver Creek do 7, 8, 9 and 10 foot versions too starting at about 30.

You can get all this stuff mail order from Mullarkey's Direct on 01283 566777.

You didn't say what fish or waters though, so I have assumed not carp. If it is carp, you can get what look like good 4-piece and 5 piece carp rods.

Lid [:)]

Last edited:

Larry

Lazarus
Esox,
come on this is your neck of the wood's with this type of tackle.
unlucky 13 to go Beebs

Datafile2.asp

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

TINY

Tiny
Jason...have a look at the Daiwa stalker.It is a 3 piece rod which includes a dolly butt section.Made from graphite and 11foot,very powerful and ultra light.

Datafile4.asp

Andy.
Datafile3.asp

STAFFS ANGLING SUPPLIES

NoFinPhish

Mighty Cat Slayer
Tiny -
Can't find any info on the Daiwa Stalker, even on their website (unless I can't see the wood...)

Can you give me some info? TC, cost etc

Jason

Br
Jason

TINY

Tiny
Have a look at Daiwa Odyysey Jason.you will find all you need to know right there matey[;)][:D]

Andy.
Datafile3.asp

STAFFS ANGLING SUPPLIES

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
I have pro perfomance Graphite Stalker 275 lovely 11,footer cannot fault it only cost 55 ultra light as well. Serial No ROS0001,

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Status
Not open for further replies.