Cheap small free runner reel

BarryS

Gone fishing
Site Supporter
Have bought a couple of small bait runner type reels recently ............and I am amazed at the quality for the money. I found an old 10 feeder I forgot I had and Im putting together an outfit for inexperienced people I take fishing that is ok .but I dont need to be over precious about.
This reel is a REELSKING KC 3000...and it will make a great little feeder reel. I have not loaded it yet..but have played with the front drag and the rear drag ( free running ) drag and they both seem to work well and adjust freely. Its a very discreet all black design with a bit of chrome...There is no wobble on the handle ..unlike my Diawa ...the single handle and the hard plastic knob are well designed and comfortable...there is no spare spool but there is a line clip.........but as I use the inner tube method rather than a clip that is never going to be used. Now for the good bit .....cost about £11.94 delivered including taxes. from Ali Express and arrived in a couple of weeks.
And before I get berated for buying stuff from China...........just check the big brands that have their stuff made there anyway. :)

Attachments

• DSCF5223.JPG
    DSCF5223.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCF5224.JPG
    DSCF5224.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 49

Simon R

Site Supporter
From time to time when Lidl sell fishing gear they do an excellent bait runner (Crivit) - most recently about £14 I think but they've been selling them for the best part of ten years and I've had no problems with the couple I own.

Simon

Don’tTellEmYourName

When I got back into fishing a couple of years ago, I bought a Lineaffe reel which was £17.99 with an extra spool. The idea was to have something to get started and upgrade later on. The Lineaeffe refuses to give up and die any time soon. The quality of some of the cheeper end tackle is very good.

BarryS

Gone fishing
Site Supporter
Agreed abut the Lidl reels brilliant value and a 3 year warranty. I fish my lidl baitrunner alongside my Shimano......very little difference.
Paying a load more for tackle leaders reflects the power of branding.......from fly lines to rods and reels a lot of people would be shocked at the profit margins of top-end gear.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
From time to time when Lidl sell fishing gear they do an excellent bait runner (Crivit) - most recently about £14 I think but they've been selling them for the best part of ten years and I've had no problems with the couple I own.

Simon

I have both the 3000 and the 5000 and can't fault either of them. Very smooth running reels.