Cheap printer ink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beebs

Ran out of printer ink the other day and found THIS. Original black ink catridge for my printer is normally a fiver and colour cartridges are a tenner even at the cheapest supplier. These sold a multi pack of 6 black catridges and 3 colour cartridges for 17 and they arrived the next day.

They're not original manufacturer supplies, but they work just as well.

DJ.gif

Jeff

Hi beebs, That looks like a good bargain that you got, I don't think you could fill them your self for that price but your cartidges are quite cheap in the first compared to some. Mine are 27.00 each and so far I have been filling my own which saves me quite a bit. I get my Inks from JR Inkjet.

angler-mark

Hi Beebs, sounds like a bargain but be careful, a mate of mine bought some from a Sunday market which were very cheap and ended up with his printer getting blocked up because of the low quality ink. [:)][:)][:)]

Tight Lines

Mark

dolph.gif

Beebs

quote:Originally posted by angler-mark

Hi Beebs, sounds like a bargain but be careful, a mate of mine bought some from a Sunday market which were very cheap and ended up with his printer getting blocked up because of the low quality ink.

Hi Mark, the company give a guarantee that they'll either repair or replace your printer if their ink is at fault.

I'll see how it goes and if there are any probs, I'll let you know. First impressions are pretty good, though. Print quality is no different. I must admit I hadn't realised they were not Original manufacturer when I got them, but I'll have to wait and see.

DJ.gif

Lid

Thanks for the link Beebs. When I looked up my printer (HP Deskjet 930c) there are 3 different black and two colour cartridges. They are different prices, but the same amount of ink. Do you know why there is this choice?

Lid [:)]

Beebs

quote:Originally posted by Lid

Thanks for the link Beebs. When I looked up my printer (HP Deskjet 930c) there are 3 different black and two colour cartridges. They are different prices, but the same amount of ink. Do you know why there is this choice?

There are different numbers of them in the packs. Have another look and you'll see the prices are for multipacks. The 3 different blacks are for 1, 3 & 6 cartridges & the 2 colour are for 1 or 3 catridges, there's also a special multipack offer for your printer for 2 black & 1 colour. [:)][:)]

DJ.gif

Beebs

Or www.7dayshop.com are quite cheap if you want originals.

DJ.gif

Lid

Well I've just ordered some of these Beebs. They'd better be good or else!!!

pjroberts31

Beebs

I get all of my ink of www.ebuyer.co.uk.
they are half the price for my epson

PJR31.... wave.gif

Steve Keating

Cheap ink is not worth it.

I am in the printer supply game and i have seen the problems with cheap ink time and time again, the problem is the fact that the INK in the cartridge is of a generic standard and although it works it wont last as long on the paper (ie it fades faster ) and if you are trying to print photos on photo paper it wont look right. This is because the paper made by the printer manufacturer is designed in conjunction with the ink (believe it or not).

Lid

That's no problem for me. Most of the printing we do is done by my 7 year old and she only keeps the prints for a few days. I'll post on here how we get on anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.