cheap pole...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crusty

Hi all,[:D]

I'm after a cheap pole for my 11 year old daughter( and for me to use
for the smaller fish in the fishing race.)[;)]

7 or 8 mtrs should be enough, she has a 6mtr fiberglass one at the moment and she is a demon at bagging roach and perch up in the water, she has loose feeding off to a tee. she sometimes fishes on the bottom for skimmers and carp to about five pound.

I've heard good things about a TARGA pole from Badger, and its about the right price, I think i'll be sending off for it in the next couple of weeks, unless someone can recommend something as good.

crusty

anyexcuse

I'm not sure how cheap you're talking about but my 9yr old son bought himself a 10m Maver H15.He seems to be coping with it quite well, fishing at up to 9m.Although he paid 150 for it, saw Trafford Angling 01618641211 offering it at 112. For that price its a bargin. Not only is it light enough for the kids but you can also rig it for fishing to hand.

Dave@Brynmill&DistictAC

TINY

Tiny
Hello crusty,there is an absolute boat load of different poles on the market.Make sure you know the elstic rating you want and if the pole is capable of the job you want it to do.They can range from an 8mtr take apart at 29.99 up to whatever length you want at some space bound price.The pole that Dave has bought is very good and you can get the same quality cheaper.(but it wont be a Maver).....Andy(staffs angling)
P.S If i can help with anymore advice call me,im in the MD directory.

leemays

hi. what i can tell u is that i have just got myself a new pole it is the new 2003 series of the maver range. its the maver realitty. it comes 13m standard and is a 20 elastic rating, and also should come with 2 extra top 3 for 225. also they do the 14.5m extension for 65. ( when iv got it spare im gonna get it.) i must say it might not be as strong as the reaper but when it is at 14.5m its lighter than the reaper.

Chopper

Hi,

If it's going to be used for roach/perch/skimmers and occasional carp to 5lb like you say, I personally wouldn't buy anything like a 'reaper' or a pole with an elastic rating above a 12. Unfortunately you have to make a compromise between pole strength and weight/stiffness.

An 11 year old girl will be far better with a lighter pole that she can handle comfortably and fish with for a length of time at a distance.

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

fishing_mad

i reckon you have a look at the shakespeare range at about 100 pound

[:)]Fishing Mad[:)]

fishing_mad

i reckon you have a look at the shakespear range like the hercules or somet 11m and about 110 pound but you can get a similar one by shakespear at 89 and its 11m but lighter elastic but stil stronger enough to hold big fish

[:)]Fishing Mad[:)]

crusty

Cheers all,
I took her down to NWA where there are loads of poles made up.
she's not a tackle tart and dosn't know one make from another.
Your right Lee, The best pole to buy is the one she can handle! common sense.
I took umpteen poles apart to seven or eight meters and she held them for five minutes at a time.
she picked three she could handle, and then decided on advice from me her grandad and the folk who passed by.
(and its half what I was expecting to pay.ha,ha,)

thanks again
crusty

Status
Not open for further replies.