Cheap ferries to Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy Fisher

Could anyone recomend a cheap ferry deal or company to get to ireland, sailing from holyhead or liverpool to dublin or anywhere near
their. In May or Sept.
Thanks.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Try www.ferrysavers.com Jeremy,

Local firm and very competitive

Dave

MrC

After much research on this subject over the years, i have found that the most expensive part of the trips are the ferry crossing. You could try Stena-Line and Irish ferries they do special offers at times, and if you get the 4am ferry it works out cheaper because its off peak. This time works well as you get off the ferry in the morning, stop off for breaky and book into you accommodation by late morning, fishing in the afternoon!!. Im doing something different this year as there is a group of us going. 1 person is taking the tackle over in the van and the rest of us are flying over to dublin from leeds bradford (40 ruturn flight) and we have got a hire car very cheap, so its worked out very cheap for us as there is a group of us, in normal circumstances we would have to take 2 cars , thus paying for 2 vehicles on the ferry. There's some ideas for you. Good luck. Mal. (MrC)

snakey

PAA COACH
The ferry is too slow about 3 hours from holyhead to dublin if my memory serves me right. Use the sea cat instead, its a jet powered ferry and does the crossing in 90 minutes which hardly gives you time to get the booze and fags from the shop. It does cost a bit more but spread the extra among a few of you and its not noticable. I have also found that the ferry companies boost their prices up big time during bank holidays and the summer.It`s worth doing your homework first and get prices for 2 or 3 dates. You could save yourself money by bringing your departure date forward or back to avoid certain peak times.

SNAKEY`S NOT PLAYING GOLF YET

scales

Vinny
Hello Jeremy, I don't think you can't beat the major angling tour operators for ferry prices as long as you book your accommodation with them too.

Cheers,

Scales.

pikey123

have you tried Anglers World they will do you a full package and very competitive too.
4 of us are going to ballyconnell in june for 5 days staying b&b at the anglers rest for 165.
went to same place last year GOOD.
dave

d a pike

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
pikey, serious question - is that each or for all four?

Dave

splodger

Try ringing Barry Hancock of Empire angling holidays.
We've been using him for years and his prices are superb.
For instance, last year B & B 7 nights in Belturbet was 159.
This year, self-catering in holland, 143 each.
Worth a phone call if you ask me.
01228 523405.

SPLODGER

Ted Sanchez

Ireland sounds great...I am looking to go over myself but can't find anyone to go with...yet[:(]
I am house-trained, snore a lot but only when asleep, love fishing, drinking and chatting...(thinks this sounds like a dating agency!![:I])
If there is anyone who is going over in July/August..let me know if you are short on numbers ..the craic would be fierce!!
Cheers
Ted in Zummerzet

Status
Not open for further replies.