Cheap Bivvie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon R

Site Supporter
I'm after a CHEAP bivvie for my 4 or 5 night-fishing sessions a year, gotta have a sewn-in groundsheet but doesn't need to very big because I don't own a bedchair.

Any recommendations anybody?

Or does anyone have a second-hand one for sale?

Tight Lines

Simon

ray

hiya simon, never had a bivvy so i'm no expert but there is one advertised in the angling mags for 19:99 called "the spaceman"
check it out, looks ok to me.

dont give the antis any ammo, take your rubbish home.
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Simon,

There is one in the Classifieds for 55.00. You could try and see if it still available

Date:
12 April 2002

Advert
Sundridge Millenium Dome, twin skin, excellent condition, only ever used three times 55 Tel Haverhill 01440 710613

email:
craftycarper@freeuk.com

And then there is the Badger One Man Dome @ 54.95 Click Here

Failing that put a Wanted ad in the Classifieds and see if one comes along icon_smile.gif

Dave

Beebs

Hi Simon, I bought the one they sell in Argos for 40. It's a bit too small to fit in a big bedchair, but I've used it a few times and it certainly keeps the rain off. The only gripe I've got is I find the sewn in groundsheet a bit flimsy and I'm not sure I would take it anywhere in the monsoon season, but I think they are minor points. It is easy to put up(although I did look a bit of a pleb when I 1st erected it, due to being a bloke and refusing to read the instructions). The other bonus is there are Argos stores everywhere and it folds up quite small. I am planning more and more night sessions throughout the summer and since my bedchair doesn't fit, I will probably end up getting rid in the next few weeks. Check it out in Argos, and if your interested, let me know. My mail address is all in here.

darryl

hi simon you could give used tackle a ring they have slite seconds on 1 and 2 man bivvies for 39-45 two skined the only fault tends to be the mozzie net zip dos`nt close properly but just squash the clasp with pliers rub a candle up and down the zip and it will work no problem

work`s for them who can`t fish

vectradog

Hi Simon
Have a look at Ebay.co.uk auction channel.
Go into browse then category overview then sports fishing.
I have bought a lot of fishing kit through this site and reccomend it to anyone.
Word of warning though its very easy to get carried away,check as well post and packing.

All the best

Dave

Beebs

Hi Simon. I have just ordered my new bivvy which should be here b4 the end of the week. If you want, you can have my old one (about 5 weeks old). The only thing is one of the elastics has broken on one set of the poles. This doesn't affect it's performance or make any difference to the shelter. It just means that when you take it apart, instead of the pole being kept together by the elastic, it doesn't stay together. You can have it for 20 and whatever it costs to post it.

If you don't, anyone else interested????

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Lidls and Poundstretcher both do good deals in 2 man bivvies. Between 20 and 25 quid. Both have built in groundsheets and both keep you dry at night, and also have room for a decent sized mattress.

If I hadn't borowed one and forgotten to give it back I would get one.

Geoff

RSSG member - are you?
Clean Banks Campaign member

Status
Not open for further replies.