Cheap 13ft feeder rod for the Trent.

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
Decided i need want a longer rod for the trent for chucking out circa 3oz maggot feeders and loaded cage feeders. So reckon i'm looking at 90g casting weight minimum. After a quiver tip rod so not an out and out Avon rod.

What's the best out there for around £50-£60? And is there anything decent i should be looking for 2nd hand that could be gotten around that value? :unsure:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Decided i need want a longer rod for the trent for chucking out circa 3oz maggot feeders and loaded cage feeders. So reckon i'm looking at 90g casting weight minimum. After a quiver tip rod so not an out and out Avon rod.

What's the best out there for around £50-£60? And is there anything decent i should be looking for 2nd hand that could be gotten around that value? :unsure:
Hi rd pal.

I use the old Daiwa Amorphous 11 / 13 ultra heavy feeder for fishing the Trent. Perfect for fishing this method. Not sure if you’d get one for that money but, why not ask in the wanted section of the classifieds. What to look out for is where the tip pushes into the top / third section. On the Amorphous they are reinforced with a whip of whipping cotton and then heavily lacquered over. With a well worn one though you’ll be able to see any damage. Walk away if the lacquer is cracked or damaged in any way as this will signal that the joint is either split or is about to split in the near future. Good luck mate. 👍

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
This one of them Mick? 🤔

Well it is but, look at the price 😳. A fantastic rod but, don’t be paying that for one. Normally they sell for between 70 and 100 quid. That seller is being very cheeky in my opinion. Try market place on Facebook. They do turn up on there occasionally. Being the 11 / 13 you can use the 13’ for big rivers like the Trent and use it at 11’ for smaller rivers. In our case that’s the Wharfe, Swale, Nidd and Ure. I’ll let you know if I see one pal. 👍

Total

Site Supporter
This one of them Mick? 🤔

Ohhh Yesssss!;):love:......Maybe not to your taste because of the reel fittings but a cracking rod

Total

Site Supporter
Well it is but, look at the price 😳. A fantastic rod but, don’t be paying that for one. Normally they sell for between 70 and 100 quid. That seller is being very cheeky in my opinion. Try market place on Facebook. They do turn up on there occasionally. Being the 11 / 13 you can use the 13’ for big rivers like the Trent and use it at 11’ for smaller rivers. In our case that’s the Wharfe, Swale, Nidd and Ure. I’ll let you know if I see one pal. 👍
Sell him one of your 30 Mick....:oops::p:ROFLMAO:....Oops that's the carbonactive rods!:whistle:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Sell him one of your 30 Mick....:oops::p:ROFLMAO:....Oops that's the carbonactive rods!:whistle:
I think they are running at about even stevens at the moment Mark. Nicky reckons I’ve got about 95% of all amorphous carbon ever made if you take into account the Stillwater versions as well. 🤣🤣

PS ….. I’d sooner sweep up than sell an Amorphous feeder rod Mark. You know that. 🤣🤣🤣

Total

Site Supporter
I think they are running at about even stevens at the moment Mark. Nicky reckons I’ve got about 95% of all amorphous carbon ever made if you take into account the Stillwater versions as well. 🤣🤣

PS ….. I’d sooner sweep up than sell an Amorphous feeder rod Mark. You know that. 🤣🤣🤣
You're not having mineeeee!:p;):LOL:

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Hi Richard,

You may be able to get a Daiwa Castizm 13'6" Feeder Rod secondhand, It's rated to 100g.

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
I don't mind them reel fittings, it's what i started with 30 odd year ago and dropped an Abu Cardinal or 2 in the canal with those fittings :LOL:

Total

Site Supporter
I don't mind them reel fittings, it's what i started with 30 odd year ago and dropped an Abu Cardinal or 2 in the canal with those fittings :LOL:
^^:oops:......That's why our Mick's got 20 off Shimano 4010's:love:......He's been known to 'feed' the odd reel or two!:whistle::ROFLMAO:

Hope you sort a rod out for yourself.....(y)

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
This the porker? :unsure:

It's only up the road from me in Heanor, 15 mins drive maybe and still has the wrapping on the handle :D

How much were these brand new?

ravey

The Porky Pig is a rod which evolved and expanded over time before being dropped from Daiwa’s range. From memory, the first one was 11’6”, and had a heavy, spliced in quiver. Later, it became a 12’ hollow tipped rod, with the addition of a 13’ version later. Some time in the 1990s, the range was further extended with a second 12’ model which had a removable carbon quiver. As time went on, the range became four rods, comprising 13’ and 12’2” rods with a choice of hollow tops or a carrier tip version with a removable carbon quiver. This format stayed around, but carried different model names. Eventually, two further 13’ models were added - ‘extra power’, and then ‘super power’. So, the range grew to six rods before finally being withdrawn. Hope this helps...