chat room

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoleRoller2003

'Pole Breaker'
i never seem to see anyone using the chat room.
i know every one posts in the forums. i think you would now just as much things in the chat room. hello.gif chatter.gif chatter.gif

poleroller2003
flagwave.gif chris the name fish the game

Ian C

Hi,

I know what you mean, I've looked in there a few times and its been empty.

On this note I have a question for the moderators...

How difficult would it be to write some HTML code (or whatever is required) which produced a "who's logged on list"?

As part of this extension to the software there could be a button to click to invite someone to a chat. For those that don't like chats maybe there could be an extra box in the members profile that they could check or tick if they prefer no invites and then their names would appear in italics in the list indicating their choice.
When someone has been invited they could receive a pop-up stating the screen name of the person inviting them and an option to accept or decline the invitation.

I'm not saying that this is what I want, but just asking how difficult it would be to do if there were enough people on here that would want it and use it [:D]

I can't say I'm too amazed that there was nobody in the chat room at 3:24 in the morning though.lol [;)][:p]

Ian C

scouse

'River Man'
hi ian
a lot of the lads
are on msn messenger
they find it more private
get on it[:D]

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

Trevski

A list of "Whos Logged In" has been suggested in the past but was discounted
by the powers that be.

I agree that it would be nice to have an indicator at the top of the page next
to the chatroom link to indicate if anyone is in there though!

Ian C

quote:Originally posted by scouse

hi ian
a lot of the lads
are on msn messenger
they find it more private
get on it[:D]

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

Hi Dave,

I did say that I wasn't asking for the above modifications (I already have Yahoo and AIM for my personal chats), but was just making an enquiry having experience similar conferencing with the Open University and if enough people on here wanted it, if it could be done easily or not. [:)]

I appreciate your thought and suggestion though
[;)]

Ian C

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Ian,

We do have another chat room that is in dock at the moment as there are a few bugs in the code that were proving a bit of a pain to resolve. This did indicate who was in the room.
It is on the list of 'jobs to do' and once sorted should provide most of what is required - in the meantime..... hang on [:D]

Dave

Ian C

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the rapid feedback there matey [:0][;)]
I never doubted for a minute that you guys had it in hand (no not that.lol [:I]) [:D][:D]
Ahh, the pleasures of debugging software. I know that feeling only too well .lol[;)]

Ian C

PoleRoller2003

'Pole Breaker'
im here allday not just early hours. i know nobody will be in the chat room at 3:24am hahaha (some ppl may work nights how do we know)

poleroller2003
chris the name fish the game

Status
Not open for further replies.