Chat Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dave,
Not being a computer buff, in fact I know sod all about em.
Is there some way of having an icon in the chat room that shows when somebody is typing a message. We all get crossed wires when chatting.

Another problem for you LOL

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Geoff,

quote: Not being a computer buff, in fact I know sod all about em

I thought you knew more about them than me lol

Unfortunately its not possible as the server doesnt know what is happening on your PC or when it is going to receive a message. It'd be handy though if I can get a link or something on the top of the forum to show if someone is in the Chat Room similar to the 'whos on-line' that you see on some forum boards. I'll have to work on that though.
I can do it for the forum but we opted to leave it out as shortly it'll be seen as an infringement of your Privacy due to some changes in the law that are coming in.

Dave

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sarky.
I can use the programees on em, like word, excel etc. These web page, server things are beyond me, much like fishing lol. I know MSN manages it but then they have a link to my computer, which I must admit I don't like. Especially as my copy of - no I won't go there.

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hey thats an idea Geoff,

I'll hack your PC lol

Only kidding I don't know what I might find icon_smile_big.gif

Dave

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nor do I [:D}

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

waxlion1

Hello red leader...It's me again!

Is there any chance of an icon or somthing telling us when someone is floating in the chatroom.

I spend half my time talking to myself (just like being married!)

Thanks

Chin,Chin, red leader, over and out!

Waxlion1
hello.gif

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Wax,

I've had a quick look at it today and yes it should be possible to put something in the top of the forum to indicate that someone has entered the ChatRoom using a bit of fancy coding but I'm struggling on a fool proof way of removing it when they log out. It would rely on the user to switch the light off (or something like) after they've logged out.

Still working on it though, just got to get through some updates for the OG first icon_smile_big.gif

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.