Charity Farm No 4 (or is it still secret)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nev101

Bogs Dalls
Now the dust has settled.

Match coming up and i have never fished it before, would be very greatfull.

cant win

when is your match nev,if it is this weekend i think you will struggle think they started spawning and thats why it didn't fish yesterday.wokkie will tell you.

Nev101

Bogs Dalls
I will work it out for myself.

Had a walk around yesterday. Carp are not the predominent species, skimmers are (spoke to owner)who tells me there was some fish caught at the weekend.

Will fish long pole (long as wind will allow on the day) (Fishmeal/Sweet GB 3 balls at start then loose feed only + 4MMS + Corn + Maggot + Expanders, 0.12 ML to 0.1 HL, double 5 laccy with puller) , short pole (4ft of water, Expanders/corm over dampened Micros, hope to catch tench on this line) & tip (3/4 of the way across with open end feeder for skimmers, if i draw a peg with a bit of bare bank and no overhanging trees will try pellet method for carp but not waste too much time on it if they dont show as they are not predominent), Margin for 1 or 2 of those carp to 14lb, will feed 6mms & corn quite heavy from the off and maybe fish paste over it, wont waste to much time on this line if they dont show.

Didnt see fish sploshing about in the margins and it was very still so couldnt see any signs of spawning, pretty coloured though which indicates a bit of feeding action.

Last edited:

Nev101

Bogs Dalls
By the way, wondering why i have never fished it before, it looks a great water.

wokkie

Riccardo El Paxo
Will fish long pole (long as wind will allow on the day) (Fishmeal/Sweet GB 3 balls at start then loose feed only + 4MMS + Corn + Maggot + Expanders, 0.12 ML to 0.1 HL, double 5 laccy with puller)
11.5m with be over the ledge,you can catch and land the fish quicker than longer pole[:T]2 balls to start with and top up with a little on ploe cup every fish or 2 with a few pellets and fishmeal.Heavy,oily fishmeal with 6mm will catch the bigger skimmer bream,tench,crucians[:T]

Margin for 1 or 2 of those carp to 14lb, will feed 6mms & corn quite heavy from the off and maybe fish paste over it, wont waste to much time on this line if they dont show
About 5m out in about 2.5feet of water is better fishing than 4feet of water further out[:T]Just keep loose feed going in all the time,no ground baits and don't fish that line too early.You'll catch decent skimmers,tench and good crucians on pellets,corns,worms,casters....while you resting the 11.5m line[:T]

Nev101

Bogs Dalls
Thanks Guys, will give it a go.

What about the feeder Wokkie, is it worth going close to the Island if I get a bare bank or better to target the skimmers in open water?

Status
Not open for further replies.