chang pole float bristle / tip)???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtheh

hi guys anyone got any tips where I can buy pole floats for canal fishing 3m. deep, I need some floats with a decent thick tip which is changeable as light conditions alter.
Im an old fart living in Sweden and it seems impossible to get the stuff here,and of course I would need the extra bistles/ tips which would allow a change
really appreciate any help you can offer
Cheers
mick[8D]

tallboyjim

knows nowt
Account Locked
Drennan tipo floats have interchangable tips - orange,yellow and black. Orange and yellow are a bit washed out as they are solid plastic rather than painted. Nice enough though.

Zebedee

as a point of interest...

surely someone must do silicon tubing in different colours to slide over bristles

maxwell_hung

caster blaster
Yes they do zebedee I've got some in my box. Just need to remember what manufacturer it was.

Also Sensas sell plastic tip thickeners, which are harder plastic. You can see these on this website

dave the fish

Site Supporter
surely someone must do silicon tubing in different colours to slide over bristles

Drennan Polemaster Sight Sleeves is the stuff you need. Comes in 3 colours and 4 diameters to fit over the float bristles. Its also handy if your eyesight isnt too good and the bristles are a bit thin to see easily.

mtheh

thanks guys
you have all given me some leads and tips
guess I,ve got some looking around to do, knowing that there is something out there that suits my needs

AGAIN THANKS
Mick[:)]

scttsman04

i swear by tipos for slightly bigger baits when ide fishing in depths over 2m! there stable and i find with a wee bit of propait the show up well!

tommo_n

Tipo's or Quads are suitable and practical but not that sensative.
Sensas Loic's and Jean Francois i use for similar depth canals. If you want to change colour slide on a sleeve or paint it with tipex and then sensas paint over the top.The tippex makes the paint easy to remove.
The other float which is quite good is the sensas loana and similar floats in the range the tips have slide over sleeves to thicken up the bristle or change its colour

mtheh

thanks again
does anyone know who sell the Sensas range cant seem to find it anywhere
cheers
Mick[?]

Alan76

For a canal 3 mtrs deep you'll need floats from around .75gram upto 2grams for when its pulling hard or weather conditions dictate.

Lots of companys do floats with changable tips or you could just buy the same float twice with different coloured tops and get yourslf a black marker pen.This should cover everything you need.

The brewer

Originally posted by mtheh

thanks again
does anyone know who sell the Sensas range cant seem to find it anywhere
cheers
Mick[?]
Benwick sports do most of it [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.