Champions League Draw-League Stage

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Just the one prediction from me before the draw and that is that City will draw:

Part-Timers from whereonearthisthatisstan
Bognor Regis
Somewhere cold near Russia

And still not win it.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Group A: Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid, Club Brugge, Galatasaray
Group B: Bayern Munich, Tottenham, Olympiakos, Red Star Belgrade
Group C: Manchester City, Shakhtar Donetsk, Dinamo Zagreb, Atalanta
Group D: Juventus, Atlético Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen, Lokomotiv Moscow
Group E: Liverpool, Napoli, RB Salzburg, Genk
Group F: Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund, Internazionale, Slavia Prague
Group G: Zenit St Petersburg, Benfica, Lyon, RB Leipzig
Group H: Chelsea, Ajax, Valencia, Lille

Northantslad

'Any indications?
As predicted.
For all the puns, I only put in because the city lot only pop in here for a month or two in April and May. Seriously though, they are fantastic team and their football is too, but I just feel that with the Italians getting in the mix again, added to the usual suspects I can't see lots of English sides in the last 8 or definitely last 4 again. May be Liverpool at best in the semi's.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I think it's only a matter of time before City crack it. Probably the strongest squad in Europe at this present time.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
True enough @Peter , but do Liverpool edge it having been there and made it? Just think it could become a thing for City as they want it so badly?

Last edited:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
@Northantslad , When it comes to 1st teams I would say there's nothing to choose between City and Liverpool, City have the edge with regards to depth of squad though and are better set up should they have a couple of injuries to key players whereas it could be problematic to Liverpool.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Fair one @Peter yes. If it comes down to depth of squad then City edge it. Although i think part of Liverpools success, bar Chamberlains, was no issues on the injury front, leading to a regular 11 and what a well drilled 11 they are, continuity.