Chair Anglers

Maverick

Site Supporter
After years of using a seat box where my Preston telescopic feeder arm was sturdy enough for me, I recently changed over to a chair.

I have been using buzz bars and bank sticks but today I put my feeder arm on it. Had to extend it a bit due to no footplate anymore.

God the bloody thing looked like it was attached with a bungee cord. The slightest fidget on the chair was amplified down the feeder arm to the point it was literally bouncing. All the carp came over to have a look and pissed themselves laughing. They thought I was slapping with a pole.

Maybe an arm with a double fitting might help but the chair leg would probably need an extension to lengthen it as there isn't much sticking up above the frame.

Any tips (other than don't fidget) greatly appreciated.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Storm pole or extending bankstick will work nicely. I've had to use one on a few occasions.

Reuben

Site Supporter
Put the feeder arm on the chair leg before fitting the leg to the chair - so the feeder arm is below the chair seat then adjust the arm accordingly. I use a Preston short feeder arm using this method on a Korum Accessory chair with 19mm square legs with no problems at all for float or feeder.
If you get longer legs I recommend the Penrose ones - less than half the price of legs by Korum or Preston.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I use a feeder arm with two fixing brackets on my chair and it’s absolutely solid. On my chair I need one with a split/opening bracket and finding a double mounting one is really difficult. The one I’ve got is an Ultimate Direct one and you can’t buy them any more.

Reuben

Site Supporter
I use a feeder arm with two fixing brackets on my chair and it’s absolutely solid. On my chair I need one with a split/opening bracket and finding a double mounting one is really difficult. The one I’ve got is an Ultimate Direct one and you can’t buy them any more.
Mine’s the single. I find the lower down the leg I go the more secure the feeder arm.

Marker50

Site Supporter
I use a matrix feeder arm on my korum chair.with preston rear.
Never had a problem