centrepin reels

Status
Not open for further replies.

splodger

my friend keeps telling me that you cant beat a centrepin for close in carp bagging so i am going to buy one.......help!
Can anyone put me on a decent reel at a decent price please?

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sory Splodger, I can't help you on the centre pin thing. Just thought I would welcome you to the best Fishing site on the net. Enjoy.

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Splodge Welcome!, but can't help either!

Thought centre Pins were great for Stick float and fly fisherman, BUT Carp bagging!!!

If it works, DON'T tell me!

I got enough kit to lug about now LOL!

Enjoy Maggot Drowners, If it don't help you, at least youll have a laugh!

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev ape.gif I do NOT BELIEVE it

splodger

To Geoff and Trev,
Thanks for the replies,apparently fishing close in on carp holes with the centre pin is the buisness ( sorry Trev ) as you have more control over a running fish than with a fixed spool reel.
I really dont know a lot about centre pins ( makes and models )but you never know,i might be lucky on this site ( which is great by the way ).
Thanks for the welcome guys!

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Splodger,
I've brought back the topic , posted by Trogg i Fishing Talk!

Look at the Open to all Campaign Topic

Happy Reading LOL,

Should tell you all you need to know

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

splodger

thanks for the help trev but the rivers up here are simply not worth fishing anymore ( trent-soar-don-wharfe-ouse-ure-swale ) all victims of the black death i'm afraid.
Until someone recognises the problem and comes up with a radical solution that is in the interests of everyone then we will have to put up with stillwater carp fisheries!
p.s. :- i dont mean to be so downcast and apathetic but thats the way it is.

see ya!

splodger

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Splodger,

I do not fish rivers but I believe they should be kept open for all those that do. It only costs 3 to join and hopefully it will be another voice to help protect this great sport of ours.

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

scouse

'River Man'
HI SLODGER
i have a centrepin reel i got it for my trotting on rivers
but as you say they are suposed to be the buisness
for close in carp fishing,
dont make the mistake of geting a cheap one
i payed 120 for mine the Arnold king pin,
only put 50 metres of line on the spool,
the hard part of a centrepin is learning how to cast,
your best asking your tackle shop to show you how
or someone on a lake or river
hope this helps dave (scouse)

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Splodge!
You hafta be joking!
The Trent, Soar not worth fishing any more!!!
Read some of the match weights!
We're going to the Soar August 10th/11th
Barbel are rolling outa the Trent and ask Dave about the Wharfe and Swale

Theres more to fishing than catching starving stockie carp from ponds thank God.
I've only caught 5lb of trout from the Derwent today, but had a whale of a time!
and the RSSG is about freedom, not just commercial Carp Fisheries, for 3 its to protect ALL Anglers

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

thommo112

Make no mistake about it the centrepin is the best bit of kit for the kind of fishing you mention the control over a running carp is second to none,there is no clutch to let you down or gears to stick.You are in control of the fish the moment it tears off, you can give line instantly or stop it dead.I personally have caught big "doubles"with no problems at all,once experienced you wont want to use anything else!!Regarding which reel to use.keep an eye out for the Speedia or Rapidex,Aerial(bit more expensive)Adcock Stanton,these can be picked up in the classified section of the angling times or fo course on the "net".If you spot one and want a bit of advice about it send me an email and i'll try to help..Good fishing...Regards...Thommo

Del-J

' Victor '
A bib welcome Thomma I'm sure you'll enjoy your self on here.

One thing tho' mate PLEASE, PLEASE tell me your not related to that OLD scallywag Toma headbang.gif lol Andy

DJ.gif
Be lucky,
Del.

G

quote:
A bib welcome Thomma I'm sure you'll enjoy your self on here.

One thing tho' mate PLEASE, PLEASE tell me your not related to that OLD scallywag Toma headbang.gif lol Andy

DJ.gif
Be lucky,
Del.

No may man thommo112 is no relation,you can rest easy mate sleep2.gif .

Welcome to the forum thommo,have fun and enjoy.
beer-toast1.gif
Andy {Toma}

Del-J

' Victor '
Thank the lord for that Andy. The thought of two of you on here was enough to turn a tea-totaler to start on the devils broth. Newcastle Broon Ale for the uninitated alcoholic2.gif DJ.gif
Be lucky,
Del.

Alan Roe

An article on everything you wanted to know about buying and using centerpins is to be found in the Coarse Articles section at www.fishingwarehouse.co.uk there is also due I belive in next months Coarse fisherman magazine and article on the fine art of the wallis cast featuring a big fat bloke that can chuck a float a long way!

Cheers
Alan

Del-J

' Victor '
Hiya Alan I wondered when you would come in on this one.

Big fat bloke who can cast a float a long way er I wonder who that could be. LOL

DJ.gif
Be lucky,
Del.

thommo112

Thanks for the welcome guys.I'm sure i will enjoy usin this site it sounds good to me.Loads of info can be found on these sites,keep up the good work. Cheers.....Thommo

Alan Roe

Hello Del-J I have been tracking this one for a while sitting back looking to see what other people had to say. It's always nice to see the opinions of others.

As for the big fat bloke that can chuck a float a long way.....Well modesty forbids me to name him
......!

Cheers
Alan

splodger

ZIPTREV,
SOUNDS LIKE THE RSSG IS A GOOD THING, I AGREE THAT RIVERS SHOULD BE AVAILABLE FOR ALL TO FISH BUT I STILL STICK TO MY ORIGINAL POINT ABOUT RIVERS LIKE THE TRENT,SOAR AND MOST YORKSHIRE RIVERS.
I AGREE THAT THERE ARE GOOD BAGS TO BE HAD BUT THEY ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN ( UNLESS YOU KNOW THE PEGS ).
INFORMATION ON THE BAGGIN' PEGS IS HARD TO COME BY AND I WOULD RATHER GO TO A CARP HOLE AND CATCH RATHER THAN HEDGE MY BETS TRYING TO FIND A GOOD RIVER PEG ( AND I WAS BROUGHT UP FISHING THE TRENT ).
THOMMO112 and ANDY - THANKS FOR THE INFO ON THE CENTREPINS GUYS!
BY THE WAY,JUST BOUGHT THE NEW MILO GEARBOX,IT LOOKS A BIT CHEESY BUT I AM WELL IMPRESSED - ANY THOUGHTS?

splodger

When i say andy i actually mean alan ( sorry!)my senile dementia is kickin' in again........back on the tablets!

Status
Not open for further replies.