Centrepin reels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve M

Site Supporter
Hi,
I was watching a guy on Sunday fishing a stretch of the upper river Lea in Hertfordshire. He was using a split cane rod,Topper Haskins style balsa float and a centrepin reel.For such a small section of day ticket water,situated within a council park, the head/quality of fish is amazing.Anyway,I have often thought of getting a centrepin and seeing this guy with his, has made up my mind.Anyone use/own one?I know you can spend a fortune (I can't) on some. Any suggestions for the budget end of the market that are good quality & reliable?
Cheers. [?]

Lid

Hi Steve. Welcome on board.

Was that the Lea in Stanborough Park in Welwyn Garden City? If so I've seen the same chapppie. Can't help you with the tackle, but I'm sure some-one else will shortly.

Lid [:)]

milan

Hi Steve,
Fishing with a centrepin is so underated, until you actually fish with one you can not appreciate how perfect you can present a bait on running line.
If you are interested i have a brand new Eagle centrepin to sell, i got for a xmas present, unfortunatley i already own two.
It has an anodised aluminium spool and most importantley has a line guard.
You can get hold of one of these in retail shops for around 70 i will be willing to let it go at around 50.
Look forward to a reply!

Milan

everyready

i got a bob young this year .catch rate up ,better bites even off very small fish,float controle and bait presentation out of this world you can keep in touch with your bait and a joy to fish with
you can fish 8 gram floats and get bits you would think would be 2lbs fish and be 2oz

fishing_mad

get a shakespear mustang there not badly priced and shoud be ok this is not from expireince

Fishing Mad[:)]

TINY

Tiny
The Shakespear Lincoln is about 40.00 and is excellent value for money.

Andy.

Steve M

Site Supporter
Thanks for all the advice. I am still in the looking stage (and convincing the missus stage) but will continue to look at magazine/mail order adverts.I think all the posts have convinced me that I will get a centrepin. Thanks to Milan for your offer but I am not sure yet what is available and what I need.I guess I will get a feel for a couple at the fishing fairs later in the year,or local tackle shops.
Cheers.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I used to own a 'Leeds Reel' and it was the biggest mistake I made selling it - they are in their own class.
Does anyone know if you can still buy them as I haven't seen one advertised for years?

Dave

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Dave

Ask Peter Risdale at Elland Road, he's selling everything else with a Leeds badge on it.

AlanP

Simon R

Site Supporter
I had a Grice & Young Avon Royal Supreme - swopped it for an ABU 507 about 15 years ago.[:(]

Still use the 507 regularly on the rivers but wish I still had the centrepin too.

As everyone else has mentioned, they're unbeatable for float control (and bloody good fun to use)

Tight Lines

Simon

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
centre pins unbeatable for presentation on rivers, i use to have a
Leeds c/pin black with no handles and also Speedia but i got talk into selling them some years ago and have regreted it many times since

Dave the Leeds c/pin is still available,HERE

teepee.

scouse

'River Man'
dave
the leeds c/pin
has been sold like
the other stars LOL[:D]

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

Nick

Dave