Centrepin,,price

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLOMP

on the bay,,, I have been watching a Richard Carter 4 inch "Merlin" it did not have the "Traditional Angling"Case or the certifacite of authenticity, my four and a half inch MERLIN has[:)],, anyway the reel went for 380, Wonder what mine would fetch? and has anyone any ideas how much the costs are? I dont do online banking as I am puter thick but might just ask someone to put it on for me, or should I?

CLOMP

Originally posted by Chavender

i'd wait till next year ,as prices have been on the low side latley .

ok thanks for the advice, but my wife has MS and for the last 5 years I have only got carrers allowance 53 a week, I know times are hard for a lot of people, but,, it was just a thought.

Chavender

Steve
when needs must ,go for it ,you should get at least the same if not more ,but e-bay is always a gamble ,personally i'd wait a few weeks until september time ,that way people will of been on their holidays and now thinking about christmas ,and a great quality reel might just appeal a little bit more & get a few better bids from those who got outbid on the last one .always set a reserve though (the minimum you'd accept for it) i'd say with a box and any paper work ,a conservative guess at a value would be 400-450 with a possible reserve in the region of (350-385 put in ad as moderate reserve ) thus leaving a bit of room to maneuver for the bidders to fight it out .

CLOMP

Originally posted by Chavender

when needs must ,go for it ,you should get at least the same if not more ,but e-bay is always a gamble ,personally i'd wait a few weeks until september time ,that way people will of been on their holidays and now thinking about christmas ,and a great quality reel might just appeal a little bit more & get a few better bids from those who got outbid on the last one .always set a reserve though (the minimum you'd accept for it) i'd say with a box and any paper work ,a conservative guess at a value would be 400-450 with a possible reserve in the region of (350-385 put in ad as moderate reserve ) thus leaving a bit of room to maneuver for the bidders to fight it out .
thats very good advice, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.