Centerpin

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Back in December I received the following message from Centerpin.

A few years ago, I "overbought" a bunch of tackle: hooks, catapults, bread punches, etc. -- small things like that. I'll never be able to use all of it.

I live in the USA and can't sell the stuff here. (There's just no market for it.) Also, I'm not really interested in selling the lot piecemeal on Ebay. So, I thought I might donate it to a youth club or something similar. I searched the forums here and saw the thread about your disabled anglers club and wondered if you would like the tackle to give to your members.

All tackle is new (still in original packaging) and would be my gift to your club.

I got in touch and Centerpin very kindly offered to send the stuff to me at his expense,the box duly arrived yesterday with catapults,extra elastics,pole elastic,floats,hooks and several other bits and bobs,it will save our club a lot of money not having to buy so many raffle prizes in the coming season,a very generous gift from a very nice man.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Let's hope that this stays on the forum for a while as what a lovely gesture.

Top man Centrepin ????

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Top Man Centerpin....??

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Top man i love owt like that, id rather go without if it meant helping someone who had less than me, well done all.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Well done @centrepin
I have just collected some rods and assorted tackle to give to a charity that my club is starting, it's for retired and serving blue light personnel, hoping to get more next week along with a couple of chairs and seatboxes.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
It did make me smile when our Pete's misses when she was online referred to our Dave as 'Leader' 'or master'....:giggle:.....Bless her cottons! :ROFLMAO:

I asked wifey about that. Apparently the references to Dave being Red Leader or Site Master. I must admit though, I had a good chuckle as well when I read it. :giggle:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Here you go Peter, right up your alley....

Or if you can dig into your pension a bit.... get a real one