Celebrities and sports stars who take time out to go fishing.

Silver fan 82

Another with his own lakes I believe 👍🏻
Didn't realise that mate. Saw him on the big fish off I think it was. Apparently Pole fishing is his thing. You could tell by watching him that he knew what he was doing. Whereas some of the other celebrities on the programme you can tell they've not fished much if at all before.

smiffy

Site Supporter
Another with his own lakes I believe 👍🏻
Well. Garden ponds really. I went once, that was enough. Hes a nice enough chap. Walks round with his dogs. Both waters are very small. Intimate is the word I think.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Bobby George has day ticket lakes on his estate George Hall in Colchester, Essex and they look really nice too.

Nick Hancock is a bit keen too.

Karl

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Thought of another Liam Neeson is big into his fly fishing. Have a feeling Harrison Ford fishes in some capacity as well.

Lcn

Henry winkler is into fly fishing , think he’s even wrote books on it . Lee boyer is a carper and has some french fisheries and I think John Terry is a carper aswell

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Whitehouse and Mortimer. The cockney comedian who’s name I can never remember. Gone out of fashion now. Most famous locally,although he’s moved away, is a certain Bob Nudd. Best known for the massive hit “Maggots in yer catapult” Bobby George, has/had a fishery just down the road from me.

Ah yes. Jim Davidson
Bobby Davro?

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Chris Tarrant held the trout record for some years, and don't forget Jack Charlton who, I believe, was elevate to sainthood as well as getting his own river in the Republic after The Irish guys beat Italy in the world cup. David Seaman was a keen carp angler

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Sir Gareth Edwards still holds the puke record I think.
Roy Lewis took the record a few years later with a fish from Llandegfedd - both huge fish from immense waters in the most beautiful scenery in the world

ae111sr

Site Supporter
Andy Fairweather Low (of Amen Corner - remember them?) enjoys fluff chucking, his nephew lives next door to me and has told me that Andy regularly fishes Dave Gilmour's private trout lake with Eric Clapton. I've offered my services as ghillie but so far he hasn't taken me up on my offer :rolleyes:

davepellet

One of my life regrets is I didn’t take an opportunity to shake Bernard Cribbins’ hand... I’d taken my 2 younger kids to one of the Comicon events in London, and Bernie was doing meet and greet for £20 a bung...

I’ve never done celeb/hero worship but that’s probably the closest I’ve come, he’d just stared in doctor who, but I wanted to compliment him on catching the impossible, the railway children and carry on jack!!!