Cefn Mabley near Cardiff

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris grant

I think that poll roller fishes this place - the fact that he is from south wales and takes about regular use of paste suggests that - anyone willing to share info on the place. Most regulars use long poles to reach the weed beds that are about 13 - 14 metres or so out.

I am going to have a go on the feeder half way out and fish the pole up the inside margins - just to see what happens

Dibber

Hello Chris,

How did your trip to Tri-Nant go?
As far as Cefn Mabley is concerned I had a bad experience there a year ago, me and a mate got stiched up by one of the guys in the lodge. It was our first time coarse fishing there, so we asked which were good pegs, the man in the lodge pointed out two pegs on the map on the match lake, so armed with this info off we treked, only to find out after tackling up that the water was inches deep for at least 13 mtrs out. When we asked a local fisherman he said the pegs we were fishing in were the worst on the lake and we should have chosen pegs over the opposite side, guess what - yup 10 minutes after we set up 6 local fishermen and the guy from the lodge setup in consecutive pegs and had a mini comp. Have'nt been back since.

Dibber

PoleRoller2003

'Pole Breaker'
hi
ive fished cefyn mably for 3 yrs now. i did the same as you dibber.asked the same question. the showed me the map and told me where the deepest part was and the shallowest past.i fished by the black sign saying pill angling. now take this to account this was the first time on a pole 2. ok it wasnt deep and it wasnt shallow its a nice depth there. to my nolige i know the 3 guys there very well they do not fish the lakes. ive had this disgusion many of times when i go to the lodge for a coffee+chat i get on very well with them. they know me just aswell. coz i was most of the time waiting even b4 the gates opened @7am . you cannot go to any fishry and set up thinking that you are in deep water. 1st of all when you get to the peg which suits u u should have a good look around 1st. i did as i always do when i go fishing to a new venue.

poleroller2003
chris the name fish the game

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Can you give me directions to this fishery please, travelling from Swansea.

How much does it cost and best methods.

Thank you

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member

Dibber

Sorry Pole Roller 2003 but i'm just telling the facts, I used to fish there quite regularly as a fly fisherman and I must say the poeple in the lodge were quite helpfull which prompted me to coarse fish the place. I don't know if this was aone off occasion but i've not been back since despite working only 1 mile from the fishery and having plenty of oportunity - once bitten!

Dibber

PoleRoller2003

'Pole Breaker'
geoff
visit this site.for directions
http://www.cefnmablylakes.com
all info on this site just for you. just remember your welsh. sry m8 no roses here 4 u hahaha lol

poleroller2003

chris grant

Dibber

I havent got off to Tri Nant yet. I tend these days not to fish between November and end of February as they tend to be the least productive months - I will take a walk around there before fishing it though just to try and get a bit of a feel for the place. Personally I dont like going to venues "blind" - I like to get an idea of how I am going to approach it - saves a lot of time and money - nothing worse than turning up with a load of casters maggots or whatever that you dont need to use.

Mind you have you seen the results from Docklow in the echo - pretty good - bloody good anglers getting them - people like Giles Cochrane and Spud Murphy. It would be intersting to see the backing weights perhaps they would not be so impressive. I must admit though I do have a bit of a thing for Docklow and so far I have only fished the Moby Dick pool

PoleRoller2003

'Pole Breaker'
there will be a maggot drowning fish in here. please check out the going fish in forum thanks for your cooperation

poleroller2003

Status
Not open for further replies.