"catty's"

Status
Not open for further replies.

yinski

i have a problem when on the waggler of keeping the feed tight,i dont know if its the catty im using "drennan type"or wot any ideas? help.gif

BlythMags

Are you feeding maggots?

I have the same problem with my Drennan caty, which are supposed to be the best catys for accuracy tight grouping.

What I do is add a few grains of hemp into the pouch and fire this at your float.

I think the extra weight must sort it out as the grouping is much better this way.

Good luck

Alan

rob27

peg nine
I only ever have a problem with this if the bait is a bit sticky and sticks to the mesh of the cone. Like if I haven't washed sweetcorn and or maggots have sweated up a bit. Then when firing them out sometimes they go everywhere. I counter this by giving the cone of the catapult a shake or sometimes agitating the bait with a finger before firing out and this works 90% of the time for me. I don't know how accurate you are talking but my catapult groups the feed within 3 ft of the bait usually at the far bank of the canal. I use a tomlinson one but to be honest don't like it very much. Also I a lot of anglers use their catapult sideways, but I am much more accurate using it upright, although using it this way has its limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.