Cattery (High Heyes Farm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

andykel

Went for a morning session at Orcheton today with my new pole taretting the nice slabs in there; however got there at 6:30 to find the lake was booked for a match so went next door to the cattetry. Wish i'd gone back to flashes rather than pay a fiver there. Awful fishing. 3 matahces on 3 of the lakes and hardly anything coming out. Pleasure anglers all around and nothing coming out. I fished 7 - 12 and had around 18 fish. Largest being a bream of 1.5lb and a perch close to 1lb. Mainly using up bait before i go away so fished 1 swim on chopped worm over caster/hemp and got perch and fished 9m out on pellet over pellet and corn. Slow fishing today and ocme to think about it its the third time ive gone for Orcheton, gound a match on and gone to Cattery and done nothing. Think i need to make a mental note of this!

Cheers

little_roach

Bazzer
I'm surprised, it's been fishing well lately. What lake were you on, I'm guessing 3a or 3b on the right hand side??

andykel

fished on 1 and couldn't get anything. Same on all 4 lakes walking round. Slow day

Pujols5

I fished on lake 2 the same day and found things ok.

4 mirror to 6lb, 2 common to 4lb, and a very clean barbel that took me all over the swim for 15 minutes.

I suppose it depends what you're looking for, but i was happy going home after catching that lot.

andykel

i would have been too if i'd had that lot :) Must have fished an off peg with the wrong approach i think. I had a walk round before i left (12pm) and nobody i spoke to was having much luck - maybe you got lucky :)

batman

Our match was won on lake 2 with over 60lb on the 15th, not me this time.[8)] I came 4th with 24ish, 2nd was about 48lb and 3rd over 30lb. A lot struggled, the opens seem to do well if you check the angling times results pages[?]
Iv'e only been on there twice, two matches but caught both times.
Did do a match in winter though on pond 3, and didn't even get a bite or a liner[:C]

Last edited:

wokkie

Riccardo El Paxo
Originally posted by batman

....Did do a match in winter though on pond 3, and didn't even get a bite or a liner[:C]
Was that the one we went,The Red Herring's Open[?]I caught and got a refund[^] A bit like today,innit Stu[:p]
roflmao_.gif
roflmao_.gif

cyril

El blanko
Originally posted by wokkie

....Did do a match in winter though on pond 3, and didn't even get a bite or a liner[:C]
Was that the one we went,The Red Herring's Open[?]I caught and got a refund[^] A bit like today,innit Stu[:p]
roflmao_.gif
roflmao_.gif

he did better yesterday....... .he got a liner[:D][:D][:D][:D]

batman

Originally posted by cyril

roflmao_.gif
roflmao_.gif

You didnt get a liner on pond 3 either.[:C]

batman

roflmao_.gif
roflmao_.gif

Sure was Wokman, your pick was just as bad for us that was not on the bottom 4 pegs[:eek:)]
Thank's for those half time wings n ribs[:T] I might have drowned myself sunday if it wasnt for that treat[:D][:D][:D]

cyril

El blanko

Originally posted by cyril

roflmao_.gif
roflmao_.gif

You didnt get a liner on pond 3 either.[:C]

no, but i CAUGHT fish yesterday......[:T][:T] when the going gets tough an all that lol

plumbit1

i fished heyes farm last saturday on no 2 caught 10 small roach on the pole and 3 barbel on the feeder best one 5lb it fished poorly all day but its a good venue and ill definitly go again

Status
Not open for further replies.