Catterick Complex

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDH

I decided to fish Catterick today. I was in need of a fish, I've not had one since the end of January and was starting to forget what they looked like[:D]. Anyway, had a lovely mirror, 14lb 8oz

mark2.jpg

mark1.jpg

ashtheangler

Team tackletek
lovely lump there fella - nice and lean, must have packed a good fight! well done

MDH

I was fishing on the back of a bar at around 35 yards but soon saw fish patrolling the margins in front of my swim. I tried to tempt them with some floating fake corn in the next swim but they weren't taking off the top so I reeled my rod in off the bar and put it just to the left of the bar (as it runs out from the bank) in 3ft of water 15ft off the bank. I was fishing a Tiger Nut Pop Up (trimmed up) tipped with floating red corn over a couple of handfulls of 4mm Green Lipped Mussel Pellets

It didn't half fight!! There is a willow just to the left of the swim and it kept heading for it. I was using Diawa Sensor 15lb Mono, it was the first time I've used mono for 7 years so it was totally different to fighting it on braid. Dare I say it, it was a much nicer fight. It kept stripping line and cos it was hooked so close didn't half test my skills for playing fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.