Cattaries 2 and Bradshaws lake 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nev101

Bogs Dalls
Cattaries 2 Friday - Best fishing of 2010 to date. Fished bottom corner peg to island on bannded pellet, had 16 carp to 8lb, every one a laccy ripper. Gave the double 5s with a pulla a real test but resorted to grey hydro. I do have great confidence in double 5s now however, if you hook a biggy when all are small, it hard to loose it. Tried paste down the edge, 4-5 tench best about 4lb and a massive skimmer, tried shallow down the middle, not much happening but can see it working.

It was the first time i had fished it and it wont be the last for sure. Info on the open matches welcome.

Bradshaws lake 3 yesterday - Herbertsville. Never going back and i mean it this time. I was on lake 3, there was a match on pegs 2-15 so fished other side. Saw a guy fishing the match bring his bird on, no problem, i wouldnt but each to their own. Half way through the match she must have been board, she started squeezing his spots on his back and she was getting right into it, at the weigh in she was sat on his knee proper snogging, felt sorry for the older guys in the club who had looked forward to the match all week, they must have been well embarrased. Packed up and before i could get all my gear away i had already been asked for all my bait, some "Skins", tackle such as hooks and spare floats? While driving off, saw 1 guy using an old pram to carry his tackle but at least he would have had something to sit on unlike 50% of the other herbs.

The EA should get down there as i dont expect many would have had rod licenses. Fishing was pretty rubbish, horrible fish with no lips, big sores etc. What has happened to this once premier fishery.

I aint no snob but a fishery is for fishermen and people with an interest in the sport (in my opinion), not a place to go for and get stoned/p****d on a hot day. Letting the place go to the dogs.

cant win

im glad somebody else isnt going back [:D]its been like that for 5 year what a dump[:(]

batman

I went once, never returned. It was winter when the fishing is quiet anyway, the bailiff was ignorant until we started to leave, he then tried to speak to us toooo late.

wokkie

Riccardo El Paxo
Went to Bradshaw once a good few years ago,there's "once" too many[xx(]After a few hours on one of the pond,I packed up and went trotting for the little brownies at the little brook next to the sh*thole[:D]

MatNewman

Mat
Site Supporter
I went a few years ago and found the bailiff to be really awkward and not helpful at all. No advice offered on where to fish etc In the end opted for one of the sqaure ponds which was in itself featureless and didnt produce much

Heard great reviews about the place but unfortunately made the same decision as some others and decided never to go back

Harry_Monk

Spot on about Bradshaws- what a waste of potential that place is reminds me of Bannisters farm before the farmer cleaned it up

Status
Not open for further replies.