Cats. Ahh I hate them

davylad

Site Supporter
I've had to move my car on a night, from inside the drive gates to outside. The cats were scratching it by using it as a step up to jump up onto the extension roof. They regularly s**t on the front garden too, I just can't catch them at the minute, but I will do.

BarryS

Gone fishing
Site Supporter
I’m sick of cats using my garden as a dumping ground. What is the best, sensible, deterrent to stop cats from using your garden as a toilet.
Get one of your own...it will chase other cats away................and do its business in your neighbor's gardens. You will grow to love it .

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
As a cat whisperer I only know tricks to make them more friendly, it involves mimicking their actions. If they stick their tail up it means they're welcoming a pack. So I stick one arm in the air, blink slowly and make purring noises. Doesn't work mind, so try that and they might clear off.

Total

Site Supporter
As a cat whisperer I only know tricks to make them more friendly, it involves mimicking their actions. If they stick their tail up it means they're welcoming a pack. So I stick one arm in the air, blink slowly and make purring noises. Doesn't work mind, so try that and they might clear off.
^^ :giggle:....Or the local authorities will cart you off?:unsure::ROFLMAO:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
We have 3 cats of our own, Tilly & Patch and Blackie, then there's a wandering waif we call Scruff who pops round for a meal occasionally and gets on well with our 3. The latest addition to the gang is Theo, a MaineCoon who belongs to one of our neighbours, He's twice the size of a normal cat but gets on well with ours, probably because he's had the snip. They all hang out together in our Garden. Any other cat that appears is soon seen off as they all regard it as their own, and it's probably due to this that we never see any cat :poop:in our garden.

Tilly & Patch.jpg

Blackie.jpg

Scruff.jpg

Theo.jpg

The only :poop: that we do find is from the Hedgehogs 🦔 that visit in the evening but that's a small price to pay for not having to worry about slugs.

Hedgehog.jpg

Tristar

I've been told in the past that planting garden mint and spreading garlic granules work. Not sure if it works but if not you're garden will smell like a Sunday Roast and Dracula won't be cold calling.

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Must say we have loads of mint growing and never have cat rubbish...our jack Russell's don't mind it either

chris1967

Really Really
Site Supporter
We have 3 cats of our own, Tilly & Patch and Blackie, then there's a wandering waif we call Scruff who pops round for a meal occasionally and gets on well with our 3. The latest addition to the gang is Theo, a MaineCoon who belongs to one of our neighbours, He's twice the size of a normal cat but gets on well with ours, probably because he's had the snip. They all hang out together in our Garden. Any other cat that appears is soon seen off as they all regard it as their own, and it's probably due to this that we never see any cat :poop:in our garden.

Tilly & Patch.jpg

Blackie.jpg

Scruff.jpg

Theo.jpg

The only :poop: that we do find is from the Hedgehogs 🦔 that visit in the evening but that's a small price to pay for not having to worry about slugs.

Hedgehog.jpg
6053202_700b.jpg

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Next door in Sussex hav three furry sh1tting machines. I bought two pairs of sonic deterrents from the big South American River.
They work!

Megaflow

Tilly & Patch.jpg

Blackie.jpg

Scruff.jpg

Theo.jpg

Hedgehog.jpg
Your neighbours are brave letting a main coon out, they get stolen because they are with so much!

John Step

Site Supporter
They can be discouraged/conditioned to avoid flower beds where they have formed a habit of performing Buy a couple of packs of those sharp pointed wooden bar b q kebab sticks and leave sticking out at various angles.
I have a spot under the hedge where they fouled and it stopped it.

If one were to have a different species of animal say a monkey that one let out to wander, climb over peoples property and cr*p in their garden there would be a fuss I am sure and no cats are not natural to this country.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Whats the difference between dog 💩 and cat 💩 that makes the dumping of one abhorrent in society yet the random dumping of the other acceptable?

Im sure if I let Winston roam around dumping his 💩 in neighbouring gardens theyd have something to say.

emmaemma

Site Supporter
I have one of these. It doesn't stop them shitting around my house but it gives me pleasure when i soak one....

1659612419691.png

emmaemma

Site Supporter

so who's garden do they s**t in?

Sportsman

Site Supporter
Tried that and other bright ideas to stop my cats going onto the raised flower bed. Lavender and lemon is supposed to repel cats, not a chance our sods slept under the lavender, BUT they never used it as a toilet.

The one good thing, they keep the area clear of mice and rats.
We have 4 cats. Far from keeping mice away we now see more mice than ever.........usually in various stages of dismemberment under our bed:confused:

Browner

Site Supporter
Lion dung is supposed to scare cats into leaving your garden well alone.
And having a lion would deter cold callers as well.
:unsure:
But then you are going to end up with large piles of big cat poo. That will need a shovel to pick up or one hell of a poop scoop.