catfishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

catman

how many anglers have been catfishing in the uk or abroad.and what did you catch.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi catman,

I haven't fished for them specifically but there are a couple of waters nearby that do have them stocked.
One is a place called 'The Willows' near York which claims to be Yorkshire's premier cat fishery, the other is a lake at Elvington again near York.
The lake is reputed to have some monsters (by our standards not yours
) in there. They were introduced many years ago but are seldom caught let alone landed. The last one being several years ago but weighing in at marginally over 40lbs !!
Carp anglers who fish there occasionally strike into 'something' that tears line from the reels and heads straight to the depths and is reported to be unstoppable before the lines part company.
According to the owner, Stan, this isn't folklore and in his words when he saw the 40 "It was the ugliest bugger you've ever seen"

Sometime next year, I think we'll give it a go and see if Stan will lift his 'no night fishing' restriction for us.

Dave

Edited by - Dave on 04 December 2001 9:12:43 PM

Terri

Hi Dave,

If you decide to go will you be taking passengers as i wouldnt mind joining you depending on when.

Terri

Cyprinid_boy

Hi,
Im not one to advertise, however, a very good friend of mine has written an excellent article on fishing for cats that i have edited and published on my website. There is also some excellent information on sensory systems and prey detection. Take a look and tell me what you think - it may be some use to you cat boys. www.fisheriesmanagement.co.uk and follow links to catfish. If anyone else has a specialized field and fancies adding to the site just let me know.

Regards
Mat

Status
Not open for further replies.