Catfish in the South East

bluntbaby

Can anyone reccomend a catfish water in the south east? Im not looking for monsters (it would be nice though!), just fancy a few fish. Im in Herts but got no problem driving an hour or two to the right water. Cheers all.

wshad

tiddenfoot,claydon (leighton buzzard angling association )
airman ( shefford and district angling association. )
all around bedfordshire

if your new to catfishing claydon would probably be best some people get multiple catches of cats during the day (no night fishing)

bluntbaby

Originally posted by wshad

tiddenfoot,claydon (leighton buzzard angling association )
airman ( shefford and district angling association. )
all around bedfordshire

if your new to catfishing claydon would probably be best some people get multiple catches of cats during the day (no night fishing)

Cheers mate, Ive dabbled in the UK for cats, done a bit on the Ebro as well, so not exactly a beginner. Wangled a long weekend net week so really looking for a venue to do 3 days on. It wont be a regular thing so dont fancy joining a club so dayticket waters would be great, any ideas?

Red Spike

marsworth reservoir has cats in it, go to the Tring Anglers website, i'm sure its on day ticket[:)]

bluntbaby

Originally posted by Red Spike

marsworth reservoir has cats in it, go to the Tring Anglers website, i'm sure its on day ticket[:)]

Nice one, Id forgotten about Tring ressies. I shall have a butchers.

EDIT: No night fishing on the day tickets [:C] The search continues...

Last edited:

Red Spike

pondwood fishery near White Waltham.... check website and i think Milton Fishery has cats in the speci pool[:)] just off the m40 near oxford!!!

Last edited:

wshad

jimmys lake in Corringham, Essex
its a day dicket water and you can do nights. there is lots of info on the web about it

bluntbaby

Cheers Chaps. I will have a look at both and see where I end up. Gonna finish early on Friday and straight off, I shall report back when I return.

Bill G

Grandad
wintons fishery in sussex,its where matt hayes and mick caught there sixty plus pounders