Catching Rudd shallow in November!!!!

Alantherose

Site Supporter
Hi angling comrades!

Me and my lad fished at the Old Course Lake at Pool Bridge Farm (near York) yesterday afternoon. He was after a Perch, so I set him up on maggot feeder with a dendrobaena on the hook and off he went. Meanwhile I set up my pole to fish 9.5m on the bottom in front of some lily pads. Caught a couple of Roach, but noticed a lot of swirls on the surface when I was pinging maggots across. Ended up catching Rudd after Rudd at about 1ft deep until it was too misty and dark to see the float :)

No monsters, just lovely fishing, which is what we all want I guess. I felt sorry for the lad with his carp rods set up three pegs down; I don't think he could have bought a fish yesterday :(

Anyway, I hope you're in good spirits despite the new lockdown. Did you manage to get out this weekend? How did it go? I love fishing!

Al

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Sounds like great fun - good move to chase the swirls. I too pity the carp anglers although I wheedled a few out yesterday on the method feeder.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Not a fish caught on the entire stretch of the Severn I was on yesterday. I need to get out somewhere a bit easier next over the coming weeks.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Would have gone today if I’d known the weather would turn out so good bit was forecast wet! As it is I’ve got a session pencilled in for Tuesday by which point I’m hoping the few days of mild dry weather will sort the river out as apparently it’s been awful for about a week now with the high water followed by frosts.

On the subject of rudd up in the water my ponds feel flipping cold but the rudd, orfe and crucians are still feeding reasonably well. Not as ravenous as a few weeks ago obviously but still coming up for food.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
A week of mild forecasts in this area make for good reading and a sense of hope for next weekend. - the river may beckon if I can source some maggots.

Silver fan 82

Hi angling comrades!

Me and my lad fished at the Old Course Lake at Pool Bridge Farm (near York) yesterday afternoon. He was after a Perch, so I set him up on maggot feeder with a dendrobaena on the hook and off he went. Meanwhile I set up my pole to fish 9.5m on the bottom in front of some lily pads. Caught a couple of Roach, but noticed a lot of swirls on the surface when I was pinging maggots across. Ended up catching Rudd after Rudd at about 1ft deep until it was too misty and dark to see the float :)

No monsters, just lovely fishing, which is what we all want I guess. I felt sorry for the lad with his carp rods set up three pegs down; I don't think he could have bought a fish yesterday :(

Anyway, I hope you're in good spirits despite the new lockdown. Did you manage to get out this weekend? How did it go? I love fishing!

Al
Love catching Rudd shallow, nice to able to do it this time of year though. Sounds like a great session.