Catapult

Pole-Fisher-90

Site Supporter
What’s your guys view on best catapults I just can’t find one I like for pinging 6mm out on a bomb line or maggots on a pole line?

I was in match yesterday and pulled out a knot of elastic and catapults ended up cutting them so I could get to one I wanted ?

IanG1

Site Supporter
I like the guru ones where you can change the range by moving the elastic down the frame and pegging in a different slot.
Use this for most of my fishing and keeps feed tight

buygoodtackle

I have several Drennan and the Guru adjustable one, the Drennans have not been used in 4 years! The Guru has been my catapult of choice and only just changed the original elastic last month - the Drennans were on about the 4th or 5th set each!

Arch

Site Supporter
I've got an Orange and Black Guru one. After 5 hrs of pinging out 8mms, my right hand looks like i've given someone a good pasting.

Drennan for me.

marcusp

i feel like I've tried every one under the sun and the Drennan one's are unrivaled. The guru ones are absolutely pants.
Guru pults are rubbish. I bought four of the green ones for my bomb and pw fishing this summer. Each one broke after two sessions. The pouch splits and the plastic lugs holding the elastic to the pouch come out.
drennan have stood the test of time and thats what im sticking with now

lp1886

Drennan feederpult is good but you have to flick your wrist when you let go so you don’t get catty rash!!

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
I have the drennans and the Guru but prefer the Drennans. I always wrap the elastic around the handle and pull the pouch over the top of the frame to stop them from tangling.

Nicky Dodds

I have a bag full of catapults which include drennan, Stonfo, kamasan, colmic, and the Theseus colmic copies. I just use them until the elastic breaks then pick another up. Every now and again I'll have a purge and repair half a dozen. It's annoying there's no decent elastic available so I just use old hollow elastic.

Simon R

Site Supporter
The original Trev Tomlin Whopper-Dropper (y) (y)
Not much good for pellets but brilliant for balls of groundbait

I've had my current Drennan catty for years - changed the elastic a few times, the frame two or three times and the pouch occasionally - but it's longevity is amazing.:)

Simon

richox12

The original Trev Tomlin Whopper-Dropper (y) (y)
Not much good for pellets but brilliant for balls of groundbait

I've had my current Drennan catty for years - changed the elastic a few times, the frame two or three times and the pouch occasionally - but it's longevity is amazing.:)

Simon

Sounds like Trigger's broom.....

nejohn

Site Supporter
I have a couple of Drennan ones that I have had for years, changed the elastic a few times but they just work so never needed to look at anything else, no idea which model they are but one is a about 6inches between the arms and the other about 8 inches and they are blue