Catapult pouches..

Status
Not open for further replies.

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Not sure if this ones cropped up before.

Though Im quite happy with my catty frame, and having fitted a tighter, shorter laccy to it, Ive found that the pouch is not standing up to the task of constantly flicking pellets out on the waggler.

At the moment Im using a mesh cup with the string thingy on the end, but the moulded plastic frames are splitting after just one or two sessions, or the string pulls out, making it useless.

Anyone know if there are any pouches out there that are mega strong?

like I say, Ive found a good combo for the laccy and frame, I just need a pouch that can stand up to the task.

Cheers,
Steve.

Thom

BP, it sounds like your using a drennan pouch, am i right?

I had the same problem with the string thing pulling off... i just use it without now!

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Metal. yeah its the drennan catty frame, and the pouch, but Ive modified the frame and fitted a new laccy I found, and its just right, but the pouches dont have anything to grab once the string has snapped, and when fishing the pellet wag, I dont have time to fiddle about trying to squeeze the pouch around the feed.

adam_f

dont modify them i use drennan cattys for pellet wag with the red laccy. but i change the pouch to a black one its perfect.

Thom

well if you have a bit of sting lying around, some braid or anything, can you not thread it through the mesh in the pouch?

It might tear the material however.

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Thats the prob metal. If the string doesnt go, its the pouch itself splits.

Adam, Ive had the red laccy in them , but to be honest its snapped on me many times, so I now use a different laccy. Ive not seen the black pouches, I ll keep an eye out, cheers!

endpeg

Just seen a Prestons catty with a solid black moulded pouch in the shop this afternoon looks just what you need.[;)]

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Endpeg...cheers mate, I ll look out for them!

Max, Ive seen them too! They look ok, but the ones Ive seen are a little on the large side, do they do different sizes?

Cheers,
Steve.

maxwell_hung

caster blaster
Yes Steve they do about 4 sizes I think. The pegs are quite thick as well, a pain to get on but they don't tend to come off. The catapults themselves are very good too but the elastic does tend to perish a bit quicker than the drennans

Status
Not open for further replies.